PDA

View Full Version : Storage tote's to keep thing's separated untill ready to put them on the shelf

hank2222
09-25-2011, 03:12 PM
I keep a set of medium sized rubbermaid storage tote's at the cabin to keep item's separated intill i can put them in there proper spot in the cabin supply rack's .

One of the Tote's hold's food items --One of the tote's hold medical and other medical type items ==One Tote is for holding dishwashing & household cleaning item's--One of the Tote hold weapon cleaning other items

The ammo & book's and dvd movie & tv serie's i like goes on the table intill i can put them into shelf and dvd binder storage case & sealed up and put into the GI ammo can as need

So does anyone else do this

bacpacker
09-25-2011, 04:20 PM
I went this route back in the summer to try and better organize most of my preps. Things don't stay scattered around and unlocatable when you need them. Plus in a BO situation it makes loading much easier. I'm even considering going more this route for storage of general items not just as preps.

izzyscout21
09-25-2011, 06:00 PM
I've begun doing the same thing. It's gonna take a while, but once it shapes up, I'll be much more organized

hank2222
09-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Belive me when i say this about the storage's tote's set up is now make thing's alot elasyer on me than having to deal with problem of finding space right then and there for the items .This way when i spend the night at the cabin i can work on the storage rack's inside the pantry shelf system to find space for each item or put into the ammo box or bookshelf to make sure it in it proper place

izzyscout21
09-25-2011, 06:37 PM
Yeah, I don't know why I didn't do that in the first place.

hank2222
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
i put the item's into the tote and then when i come up for a overnight stay i just work on the issuse at hand rather have o figure out right then and there where do i put it.My main problem now is finding space in the pantry area because of out growing the area and i need to do some rethinking of the issuse of storage space .

The problem is i can go to the 99.cent store and spend $20.oo dollar's on dish soap & cleaning product's and have alot of product's to find a spot for .So right now is just been book's and dvd's and few small item's i know i have space for

Jerry D Young
09-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Use them for everyday storage as well as prep storage. I have 20 or so of the Rubbermaid Action Packer 8-gallon totes and 6 of the 24-gallon ones. Five of the 8-gallon ones are on the game cart for bugging out if required.

The Stig
09-26-2011, 12:23 AM
Yes

Example 1 (http://www.shtfready.com/equipment-basic-supplies/blue-plastic-tubs-preppers-friend-8.html)

Example 2 (http://www.shtfready.com/equipment-basic-supplies/reorganization-supplies-371.html)

I'm with you Hank. They might not be sexy but those plastic tubs are a lifesaver.

dragon5126
09-26-2011, 01:41 AM
My only complaints arethey do not have straight sides, the tapered sides that make them nestable waste a lot of useable room, and they need to be a bit thicker walled. i've destroyed more than a few of these over the years.

hank2222
09-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Try this website called Stacks and Stacks google there name and it should come up they have tote storage racks that they sale

izzyscout21
09-27-2011, 02:19 PM
cool site. they definitely have options for storage.

realist
09-29-2011, 04:06 PM
I have been using these off and on for my stuff for the past several years. This year I am finely trying to get my stuff together. For lite stuff I use the clear plastic containers that I get from Wally world. I have some others that are call tuff box that is a heavy black plastic bottom with a black or yellow lid. Their solid lid will hold 200 pounds and keep out the rain if I put them in the back of my truck. I only use ones that have a solid lid, no more of the split ones that fold back. Keep in mind that if you do not have boxes that close tight then they might blow off if you are transporting them in a truck. The ones that Izzy showed the Rubbermaid tough boxes I love but they are expensive so I only have a few. I have broken down my boxes by location in the house that they will be used and labeled them accordingly i.e. kitchen, bathroom. Then if it is important I tape an inventory on top and put a copy inside of the the box. It really sucks trying to get organized........