PDA

View Full Version : 4.1/2 mile's to the cabin and fast can you walk it

hank2222
09-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Here is the question how long does it take a person who is 52.year's old and semi good health to walk to the cabin front door.I have done it and i let some of the people here take a guess .

I live and work now less than 5 mile's to my cabin i have in Northern Az area

I did when it was hot outside and i did it when it was cold wet & snow on the ground .Plus i had a small daypack with following items in the pack i keep packed and ready to go from the work or house if need be .When the pack is fully loaded it not over 15.pds total wieght

-70.oz water bladder
-extra pistol ammo in 70.rd amount in ziplock plastic bag
-foot blister kit & extras socks in ziplock bag
-small gunshot trauma kit in own carrying case
-headlamp with extras battie's in own carrying case
-power bar's in ziplock plastic bag
-gerber Diesel multi tool dummy cord to the shoulder strap for use as need
-cabin key's on keyring that dummy corded to the pack to keep them from beening lost
-surefire flashlight dummy corded to the pack shoulder strap for use as need
-extra surefire battie's & blubs for weapon light & personal flashlight in a SC1 carrier
-3-x-5-route cards for use with map & compass set -the route cards are covered in heavy duty sealed plastic to protect them with snap link to keep them togerther .There are three cards togerther to help with the travel through the woods or the road's and a combo of the two unit if i have to walk to the place useing both travel system
-Gi lenstic compass with local area map in ziplock plastic bag for use as need

on me i had the following items

-pistol with surefire X300 weapon light & mag
-extra mag's-x-2-mags
-zero tolernce 350 folding knife
all items where in kydex holster or off side mag belt pouch on the pant's belt

The road is quicker but it has more expouser to trouble and the route through the wood's that just off the road add about a 1 hour time to the walk .The whole thing is to get to the cabin without having any problems with the people along the way

drissel
09-25-2011, 07:21 PM
The average person should be able to walk 4mph, that is hoofing it...me I do about 3mph on a good day, but with bad ankles and rough terrain such as through the woods, I do about 1mph so it would take me about 5 hours through the woods, other wise I would say 2mph would be good through the woods, so how long does it take you?

hank2222
09-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Your pretty close to the answer here sir .i did at 2.am on a sunday morning in the middle of winter and it was faster to a point than doing it during the middle of the day when i could see well to follow the terrain or the road system