PDA

View Full Version : Whey protein powders as a SHTF type food supplement

hank2222
09-25-2011, 07:16 PM
I have been trying this Whey protein powder's for my morning jumpstart to get the body up and running because of beening a borderline diabetic and i have found it helps keep my sugar level's at the same level all day ,

I start with one shaker cup full of the Xrated Brand Whey protein in the diff flavor's it come's in. I do a diff flavor each day to not get burned out on any flavor..

I put about 16.oz of water into the blender and one scoop of Whey protein powder to the blender and blended it up togerther for 30 second's and when it done put into the shaker cup and out the door i go to start my day .

I have found that my sugar level's are keeping right at 100 level all through the day and it seams to be helping me keep the weight off ..

The larger plastic jug's of the powder can be stored out of sunlight area and it will last for along time without any problems .We found a jar of it that made in 2001 time frame and opened it up and it was fine and it was stored in a garage in Surprise Az area in a dark corner of the garage where the person had forgotten it was there intill they where cleaning out the garage

TroubleShooter
09-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Natural No-Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bars. Recipe - Food.com - 163297 (http://www.food.com/recipe/natural-no-bake-peanut-butter-energy-bars-163297)

I use the protein powders in this recipe...........For backpacking and mainly winter months when out on calls to keep my energy up.....

The Stig
09-26-2011, 12:28 AM
That's interesting Hank.

Do you notice any other side effects?

bacpacker
09-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks Hank. I'm trying to get my sugar numbers down and consistant. I will give this a try for a while and see where mine go.

hank2222
09-26-2011, 01:20 AM
It does make a diff in my sugar level through out the day if i do not make a shake in the morning

hank2222
09-26-2011, 01:27 AM
That's interesting Hank.

Do you notice any other side effects?

No side effects that i know about or felt so far it does keep my sugar at the same level number in a general number range i need to keep the number's at .The thing is i can feel it if i do not have it in the morning before my breakfast and workout