PDA

View Full Version : Forming a Corporation

Twitchy
09-29-2011, 12:39 AM
I'll tell you... this irks me sometimes with all of the stuff you gotta do...

ravensgrove
09-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Oh it ain't that hard. Need help?

bobthe
09-29-2011, 12:46 AM

you know you might not NEED to form a corporation for whatever it is you are doing, yes? most people assume that all they have to do is for a corporation and they get automatic protections from lawsuits and the like. but thats not really so. you ahve to form the corporation, and have annual shareholder meetings with recorded minutes (even if you are the sole shareholder) and all sorts of other jazz in order to maintain that protection, and even then the courts can still snatch personal assets in some cases...

a bunch of trouble for little benefit if you ask me.

RedJohn
09-29-2011, 12:51 AM

In Florida? You're joking right?

Twitchy
09-29-2011, 01:19 AM
In Florida? You're joking right?

I guess its more of an annoyance, its only a few papers... (3?) 5 or 6 after i get S-Corp status and get my EIN from the IRS...

bobthe, its needed... I assure you :)

Raven, thanks, will let you know if i do!

RedJohn
09-29-2011, 08:10 AM
I formed many Florida Corp online and never had a single paper form to fill. (www.sunbiz.org (http://www.sunbiz.org/))

Twitchy
09-30-2011, 12:15 AM
I formed many Florida Corp online and never had a single paper form to fill. (www.sunbiz.org (http://www.sunbiz.org/))

hm. we must have telepathy as i am using them as well... its still forms, paper or electronic :P

RedJohn
09-30-2011, 01:30 AM
hm. we must have telepathy as i am using them as well... its still forms, paper or electronic :P

I did mention "paper".

Anyway sunbiz IS the only site that belongs to the State for that purpose. Any other site will make you pay for a lot of BS paperwork.

TEOTWAWKI13
09-30-2011, 09:56 PM
Oh the irony of reading this post and seeing ads for legal zoom dot com up top. :)

Stormfeather
10-12-2011, 04:26 PM
LOL< no kidding!