PDA

View Full Version : Ladies, what are we guys doing right, and what are we doing wrong to prep?

Stg1swret
10-02-2011, 02:56 AM
I don't know about the rest of the men on this forum, but I for one would like to know what you ladies think we men are doing right, and what we are doing wrong in prepping? Too much concentraion in any areas to the detriment of others? Let us know so we can re-evaluate.

JustAPrepper
10-02-2011, 01:41 PM
I think as long as you have the basics covered like food, water, shelter and defense, it's all good. Make sure you have at least something from each category that is enough to sustain you for a period of time. That time frame depends on your own personal plan and what you're prepping for in the first place. Then go back and go big in the areas that appeal to you most. Men and women are wired different so I would bet the guys would want more guns and gear while the women keep padding the food storage.

Gunfixr
10-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Maybe, but lately I've started to unload some guns, and have always pushed for more food, more so than my wife.
She's never been that aggressive about prepping, although she's for it. I think she's just leaving it to me, as she already has plenty.
However, she'll speak her mind freely, so if she feels I've screwed something up, I'm sure I'll hear about it.

BTW, I know I'm not one of the ladies, but the guys might not want to forget the ladies needs in prepping. She may take care of these herself now, but should TSHTF, preps for them would be good.

Dropy
10-03-2011, 11:42 PM
I would like to see how this thread turns out. Come on ladies....let us know. for once we ARE listening!!

eagle326
10-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Now this is a good thread. I hope the ladies speak up on this. Can only make us better as a team in the end.

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi, I am new. I think one of the biggest shortcoming is in preparing a water supply. Bottled water can only go so far.

So, by my opinion is investing in a well, and a good old fashioned hand pump.

I know it is simple, but one of the preps I am working on!

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 08:37 PM
Oh and PS, nice thread! I feel welcome already!!!