PDA

View Full Version : A digital camera

Dropy
10-06-2011, 12:48 AM
I recommend putting a good (100$ish) digital camera in ur bob. Many reasons why, here are a few.

You can use it to peak around corners instead of putting ur head out.
You can take pics, go hide and check out the pics you just took to get info on an area.
Take pics to show others what you have seen.
Take pics for reasons related with the law. For when the law returns....

These are just a few reasons.

Get a camera with some zoomability and use it like a scope or binocs. Your less likely to get shot holding a camera to look out far than you are useing ur scope. Dont forget the little info digi card thinger that stores the pictures on it. Get a 2g or larger. Can put 1000 pics on 1.

I Currently own a canon 30d with a 75mm lense and a 200 mm lense. Hoping for a 500mm lense in the future. I also have a quicky snap and shoot dslr from wal mart. I also have a digividoe cam thing too. Also handy for gathering info.

RedJohn
10-06-2011, 12:28 PM
As one of the birthday gift I got for me this year (yeah, I do that too), I purchased a 3D Bloggie® HD Camera (http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666294217).
It will not do the corner look-around, but all the rest and it is very, very light. As we progress in adding stuff in our BOB, we need to think size and weight.

Gunfixr
10-06-2011, 11:46 PM
I have a Vivitar waterproof digital camera. It's yellow, but I can fix that.
Since it's all sealed up, it won't get sound doing video, but I figured it was worth the trade.

Dropy
10-06-2011, 11:50 PM
you can get a cheap dslr camera the size and weight of a deck of cards for really cheap these days.

bacpacker
10-06-2011, 11:55 PM
I got the wife a Cannon D-10 Power Shot point and shoot last year. It's waterproof to 30ft and IIRC was a 12 megapixel model. It does a nice job with piics and video, has a fair zoom. It's not great at a longer range, but goes great closeup's.

dragon5126
10-07-2011, 04:43 AM
when you are considering any electronic devices, always remember some way to charge rechargeable batteries for it, and a sufficent amount of replacement batteries since you wont be able to always follow proper charging procedures, which will ruin the batteries in short order. In other words if they are advertised as good for 500 cycles of recharging, consider them only good for 250 and cover your "assets".

Gunfixr
10-07-2011, 05:56 PM
The Vivitar takes regular AA batteries.

dragon5126
10-14-2011, 07:22 AM
Whatcha gonna do when there are none new?

Ive noticed there is a bad habit for the people here to keep thinking in the now and present. thinking about the need for ammo but considering the situation of a short term event where there is no need for fire arms, the need for miltaristic tactics but not considering how the timeframe of when that scenario would exist. These are the reasons for "prepping", not for a time you can drive to the local wally world for what ever you need, but for when there is not store available to go to. That's why we are here to exchange information and ideas. We discuss getting ready for the disaster to living through it to living beyond it in whatever may come. We need to stop thinking as consumers to truely be able to survive anything that fate may throw at us.

sidewinder
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
when you are considering any electronic devices, always remember some way to charge rechargeable batteries for it, and a sufficent amount of replacement batteries since you wont be able to always follow proper charging procedures, which will ruin the batteries in short order. In other words if they are advertised as good for 500 cycles of recharging, consider them only good for 250 and cover your "assets".

I just bought a battery bank and other rechargable batteries and solar chargers for this exact reason. My FLIR unit has built in brechargable batteries and it use a USB plug. I now have adapters to use the battery bank to recharge it.