PDA

View Full Version : Good deal today on a gun safe

Dropy
10-09-2011, 09:57 PM
So since my grandkids moved in i been considering a gun safe. Due to money being tight i was just looking at the cheaper 200$ ones. I only own 4 weapons right now so i figured the smaller safe would do fine for now.

Walked into Runnings to day after church and sitting right at the entrance was a fair sized safe with lock and ket ON CLEARANCE FOR 30$!! I immediately checked it out. Seems the back of it had a few dents in her but otherwise the safe was fine and the front and sides were in new condition. So i bought it.

30$ for a steel gun safe aint too bad IMO.

bacpacker
10-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Sounds like a deal to me.

dragon5126
10-13-2011, 08:01 AM
Just remember (assuming it's key locking as most inexpensive ones are) be consious of where you keep the keys. Mine are on my key ring and the spares are on the bottom side of the drawer of my night stand I no longer have at risk children and my daughters know where the spares are, as well as where the spouse and I keep our service pieces and personal carry firearms (we both have permission and qualified for personal firearms on duty instead of the issued service pieces as our personal pieces are superior to the issued) The only reason I have not replaced these smaller steel locking gun cabinets with true safes is the safes just take up too much room and the house isntthat big.