PDA

View Full Version : Build the Perfect Survival Kit - NonFiction

mitunnelrat
03-08-2011, 07:02 AM
A Book I've mentioned now a couple times is "Build the Perfect Survival Kit" by John D. McCann. It retails for $14.95, but can be found cheaper on Amazon. I'm so enamored by this book I refuse to lend it out to anyone, and I only have zh to thank for that.

There's a user review on amazon that I feel describes it very well, so to save myself a few minutes:

One of the most common questions asked by people interested in survival is: what should I put in my survival kit?

"Build the Perfect Survival Kit" answers that question in great detail. Learn how to build everything from small pocket-size kits, to large vehicle kits.

After explaining the basics of personal survival kits, you will learn about items to add to your survival kit for:
Fire and Light
Signaling
Navigation
Water and Food
Shelter and Protection
Knives and Tools
Medical
Multi-purpose components
Miscellaneous components

You will then read about how to select proper containers for your survival kit and how to assemble kits of various sizes, for multiple purposes.

The book also contains appendices listing additional training and reading resources, as well as a comprehensive list of companies offering survival kit items for sale.

Development of survival kits is discussed in detail, and there are several photographs that add to the quality of the instruction offered by this book.

This is not a `survival skills' manual, but as one would expect from the title, "Build the Perfect Survival Kit", a manual on building the kits that allow you to have an easier time employing the survival skills you have learned elsewhere.

For anyone interested in survival, "Build the Perfect Survival Kit" is a must read book.

I've more than saved myself $15 in time and money on it allowing me to focus on more specific ideas and items for my kits, and highly recommend it be added to any survival library.

The ISBN's are:
# ISBN-10: 0873499670
# ISBN-13: 978-0873499675

Zombiehuntereky
03-11-2011, 01:36 AM
This book is a must have for those just getting into prepping or the old salts. Great reviews and advice on what to buy, where to buy the items and prices for said items. This book will save you money in the long run. I would love to know where mine is lol.

mitunnelrat
04-04-2013, 07:06 AM
I was just thinking of this book tonight and figured I'd bump the thread up for a fresh look.

Xzaniel
04-04-2013, 10:43 AM
I just look at amazon and is available for digital download (kindle version) for under 10$

I also noticed there is an updated/expanded version set to release in December of this year and you can preorder for under 18$

Thanks for the info! "Decisions, Decisions, Decisions..."

mitunnelrat
04-06-2013, 08:48 PM
This isn't going to be of any help to you, but you won't go wrong either way. If this particular guy is updating and expanding its going to be with good info.

On the other hand, the original material is well done, and easy to adapt/ expand on your own, which is what I've done.

mitunnelrat
02-06-2015, 03:06 AM
Btt. Has anyone bought the updated book yet?

Sniper-T
02-06-2015, 03:11 AM
anyone have a standard pdf to share?