PDA

View Full Version : Unique new Prepper Book on defending a location

Hogleg
10-12-2011, 11:11 AM
I just finished what is probably the most unique 'prepper' book I have ever read.

It's called "HOLDING YOUR GROUND" and I got the paperback through Amazon.

It is really a guidebook and planning tool. You go to a website and download a spreadsheet that you use while going through the book. The results of your spreadsheet entires tell you where you need to improve your plan or team.

You can read about it at HOLDING YOUR GROUND (http://www.holdingyourground.com).

The second half of the book is how to improve your rating by improving your plan and skills.

Most of it is "hiding in plain sight" and other non-RAMBO type of advice and I was amazed at some of the ideas. Several time I said to myself, "why didn't I think of that?"

Most of the concepts were low $ as well - something that is very important around here. It was cool to see solutions that didn't involve throwing money at the problem.

The book is about 170 pages, is very readable and contains a ton of graphs and charts.

It has sections for Apartment renters, farm houses and just about every type of dwelling you can think of.

I have read all kinds of Survival books, but this is the only one I have ever found that is focused on defending my home. It really changed my thinking on a lot of things and that in itself was worth the price.

izzyscout21
10-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Think I'm going to have to pick this one up.

The Stig
10-12-2011, 11:29 AM
Excellent find. Thanks for sharing.

bacpacker
10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
I'm headed to Amazon right now.
Thanks

mitunnelrat
10-12-2011, 05:13 PM
And definitely another one to add to my book list. Thanks!

Sparrow
10-12-2011, 11:35 PM
any links for a free pdf download?

bacpacker
10-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I haven't found any. I was looking for a Kindle version as well. It appears to be paperback only.

Hogleg
10-13-2011, 12:36 AM
I know they sell a .pdf version on their webpage.

HOLDING YOUR GROUND - Home (http://www.holdingyourground.com)

I didn't see anything about a free version.

They list several books on that page though.

bacpacker
10-13-2011, 12:55 AM
I missed the PDF, that will go on the kindle. Thanks for the update.

Sniper-T
10-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Thanks for the review... definately sounds worth picking up