PDA

View Full Version : The Walking Dead

Kodiak
10-15-2011, 05:57 AM
The 2nd season starts this Sunday (10/16/11) on AMC for those who are interested. They are also showing the 1st season throughout the day if you missed it. :)

izzyscout21
10-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I missed the first seaon. I just set up a recording schedule for the DVR.

mollypup
10-15-2011, 03:54 PM
Hubby and I are watching the first season right now via Netflix streaming. We just watched the 3rd episode last night. We like it pretty good, but I have a problem with them not being able to find food and gas and why in hell are they living in tents in the woods? They could get some trucks, vans or whatever and drive to more remote locations with fewer zombies and find find food warehouses, regular houses and guns and ammo galore! This shortage of supplies doesn't make sense to me since most people are zombies and all the supplies are everywhere! They could get some machine guns and and blow at least a thousand zombies away every day until they get rid of most of them. Am I missing something here? Is there a reason why they are living in tents in the woods just outside Atlanta which is full of zombies? There's gotta be tons of places to find guns, ammo and supplies to last them for years if they just go and get them. O.k. I'm a realist! It's just a pretend situation and zombies (like those kind) don't really exist lol! I shouldn't take it so seriously and just sit back and enjoy it. But I think like a survivalist and it's hard to turn that part of my brain off.

Dropy
10-15-2011, 04:08 PM
First, more than likely in the initial outbreak of "Zombies" most of the food and supplies in and around the big cities was probably used up by what survivors were left. Most stores barely keep 3 days of food on there shelves.

Second, these people are not "preppers" so therefore do not have that mentality. Therefore they prolly thought to head for the hills to pitch camp, but stay close enough to continue to scour the city for supplies, friends, relatives etc? Maybe.. But i agree that they should have hit the road.

3rd if fuel was in an issue for them then run generators to keep an rv cool is apparantly not possible, i dont blame them. Tent would be cooler as they are in what appears to be in the Georgia Summer which is very hot and muggy.

As you watch further episodes you will see what happens, and it aint all good by no means. I just hope they learn from there mistakes. It is an enjoyabole show, well done. But i KNOW for fact most of us this site, and others similiar, would do things differently.

RedJohn
10-15-2011, 05:00 PM
I am not into zombies, but I saw the pilot last year, and I understand why someone into it may find it good.

Dropy
10-15-2011, 05:56 PM
It is actually very dramatic, and well made.

mollypup
10-15-2011, 06:42 PM
First, more than likely in the initial outbreak of "Zombies" most of the food and supplies in and around the big cities was probably used up by what survivors were left. Most stores barely keep 3 days of food on there shelves.

Second, these people are not "preppers" so therefore do not have that mentality. Therefore they prolly thought to head for the hills to pitch camp, but stay close enough to continue to scour the city for supplies, friends, relatives etc? Maybe.. But i agree that they should have hit the road.

3rd if fuel was in an issue for them then run generators to keep an rv cool is apparantly not possible, i dont blame them. Tent would be cooler as they are in what appears to be in the Georgia Summer which is very hot and muggy.

As you watch further episodes you will see what happens, and it aint all good by no means. I just hope they learn from there mistakes. It is an enjoyabole show, well done. But i KNOW for fact most of us this site, and others similiar, would do things differently.

I guess that could be the case, but the show never said specifically that was what happened. This guy, for some unkown reason, was left in his hospital bed while all the zombie mayhem was going on. People had to have turned into zombies in a very short period of time because he lived long enough to wake up. The flowers by his bed were wilted, that means at least a week had passed, maybe 10 days. I don't think all of the food and supplies would have been wiped out everywhere. Maybe in the city the supplies would be low, so they shouldn't even consider going there to search for them. Plus, it's too dangerous with all the zombies everywhere. In real life, it would make a lot more sense to head out into vast, open country areas with little original population, scavaging along the way. I know I couldn't sleep in a tent knowing there were zombies walking around anywhere! And now they found one in the woods eating a dead deer. If they don't pack up and get far away then they are beyond stupid and deserve to get eaten by the zombies. Still, I'm attracted to watching it if nothing more than figuring out all of their mistakes! :D

Dropy
10-15-2011, 11:11 PM
LOL Molly i agree, watching it purely for the fun of spotting the stupid stuff they sometimes do can be fun in and of itself.

Basically the guy in the hospital bed is a cop. He was shot and put in coma. His best friend (who was banging his wife because he thought the guy died in the hospital) stayed at the hospital with him till the last minute. He barred the doors and wished his comatose friend best of luck. Well the guy woke up to zombie hoardes roaming the streets. He had NO CLUE what was going on.... so yeah, he was getting a VERY fast lesson the next couple episodes.

But as you watch you will see how things unfold.

Enjoy

mollypup
10-16-2011, 04:30 PM
We watched the final 3 episodes last night. I really like the show but I get so fed up with all their in-fighting. They spend waaaaay too much time hollering amongst themselves about stupid stuff. And I gotta be honest here, I didn't get the least bit upset when their camp got hit by zombies because they were just asking for it to happen. They already knew zombies were in the woods but yet they stayed like total morons. So, "tough cookies" since they obviously have gas and didn't bother to leave until the head Dumba$$ wanted to find the CDC. There were so many things wrong with the whole scenario that I just started watching it to enjoy the various zombies. :)

And what did they gain by going to the CDC? NOTHING! They even lost a member of their group. They got some hot showers and some food, but nearly browned themselves trying to get out at the end lol! And now they're basically back to where they started - outside with the zombies! Just too funny! :)

Dropy
10-16-2011, 06:57 PM
I agree here molly. To be honest though when ya throw so many people together so quickly who dont know eahc other who are ALL tossed into a do or die situation i imagine the stress is gonna be HIGH. Which would prolly lead to tensions, therefore stupid in fighting crap. There is a solid core of people in that group who could do well if they relax a little and start thinking of the group first, individuals second.

I imagine they went to the C DC in hopes of finding HELP. Not necessarily a bad idea, but i think they shoulda done it a bit different. But there major problem is that the dude inside blew up the base and was unable to stop the countdown clock. Otherwise i think they could have stayed there a good while and got rid of some of there stress some.

I look forward to tonights episode. We shall see if they have gotten any smarter yet.

Kodiak
10-16-2011, 08:38 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I missed the first seaon. I just set up a recording schedule for the DVR.

I was going to try and catch up on the series today but ended up falling asleep on the couch. Guess ill watch it throughout the week via dvr also.

faster
10-16-2011, 09:13 PM
I'd head north for the Summer, for sure, on a motorcycle. With a full length fairing and a smaller rear sprocket, you can average 60 mpg on the highway, driving like granny. It's easy to put 2 5 gallon "jerry cans" in the saddle bag position, 2 more stacked behind a tall "buddyrest", still have room for your BOB behind you and a pretty good sized bag on the gastank. 23 gallons, at 60 mpg, =1300 miles, dudes. Also, along that much traveling, you are bound to find more gas in vehicles, tractors, combines, etc. Pretty stupid to stay where the bugs are spreading diseases, you can't sleep because of the heat, etc.

TEOTWAWKI13
10-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I missed the first season, so I'll have to catch up, but I watched last nights show. The in fighting is for dramatic purposes obviously. It's a good show. And I'm not a big zombie fan. I think this one's gonna last awhile.

Dropy
10-17-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd head north for the Summer, for sure, on a motorcycle. With a full length fairing and a smaller rear sprocket, you can average 60 mpg on the highway, driving like granny. It's easy to put 2 5 gallon "jerry cans" in the saddle bag position, 2 more stacked behind a tall "buddyrest", still have room for your BOB behind you and a pretty good sized bag on the gastank. 23 gallons, at 60 mpg, =1300 miles, dudes. Also, along that much traveling, you are bound to find more gas in vehicles, tractors, combines, etc. Pretty stupid to stay where the bugs are spreading diseases, you can't sleep because of the heat, etc.

Screw all that carrying gas can stuff man. Get a pull behind trailer for the bike. They even got the pull behinds that pop up to become a quaint little camper. Very comfy actually. And you can always stack it with a few cans and a few more goodies. Use ur saddle bags for other stuff other than gas cans IMHO.

Stormfeather
10-20-2011, 06:27 AM
I wasnt impressed with the season opener, although I did like it! I guess you cant one-up yourself too much with a tv series, got to leave a little bit for the long run!

The Stig
10-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Hawkins is a total bad ass

Fatty
10-20-2011, 02:30 PM
I finally got to watch it last night with my buddy. I had hoped it would a pre series as to how it all started, but this satisfied my zombie urge. Im still waiting for merle(sp?) to show his face. Pissed me off when they got rid of the character with the most piss and vinegar...

mollypup
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
I finally got to watch it last night with my buddy. I had hoped it would a pre series as to how it all started, but this satisfied my zombie urge. Im still waiting for merle(sp?) to show his face. Pissed me off when they got rid of the character with the most piss and vinegar...

Oh! I loathed Merle lol! Can't wait to see how he comes back. I bet he'll be all zombiefied up!

Stormfeather
10-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Oh! I loathed Merle lol! Can't wait to see how he comes back. I bet he'll be all zombiefied up!

I dont know about zombiefied, but he sure isnt going to be drawing back a bow anytime soon!

Fatty
10-20-2011, 05:41 PM
My buddy and i figured the only way amc could redeem themselves is if merle reappeared as form of the character Ash from Army of Darkness rockin the stump mounted chainsaw.

Kodiak
10-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Finished watching the first season and the first episode of season 2, i thought it was pretty good. I think we all could sit down and pick it apart, but for a T.V. series they did a good job.

RichFromPhilly
10-28-2011, 05:52 PM
I think season two kinda sucks. I started watching it because, well, it was an interesting show with zombies on TV. It's all drama and barely any zombies. The second episode this season kinda threw in some zombies at the end (in the last 2 minutes), the rest was drama. I was actually bored last week.

izzyscout21
10-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I like this show. I'm about to start season 2

Dropy
10-30-2011, 02:18 AM
Yeah season 2 isnt turniong out to be no action action adventure.....yet. I will continue to watch it.

Gunfixr
10-30-2011, 04:44 AM
I skipped to the ;ast page of this thread, so i may have missed something.
I watched all of eason 1, and it was good.
Cut off cable back in March, the $150 a month wasn't worth watching a few shows a night, so I guess I'l miss eason 2.

As for ealistic, it's a zombie show, what do you want?
It's entertainment.

izzyscout21
10-30-2011, 01:12 PM
I just got caught up with season 2.

Come on guys......they are only 2 episodes in. If it had constant zombie blasting you'd get tired of that too. Say that there's no story and it's all zombie killing. The show neeeds a little twist of drama. I think it shows the emotional/ real life issues that would be present in an event like this.

On a side note, this show really makes me think about my preps.....wheter or not I could grab them and go in a hurry. I need to get everything into tubs and bags. DO I have enough ammo? (nope)

Last weeks episode also made me think about how I need more medical supplies. A Lot more. Especially got to thinking that it's very fortunate that me, my wife and both kids are the same blood type. Maybe I should learn how to do a transfusion..........

Dropy
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Ya got some good points there Izzy.

I know that all these TV shows and movies and books are Fiction, but they CAN help us to reevaluate some of what we do. I dont mean we can watch ramboo and become some special forces war machine. I mean like Izzy said, they can maybe bring to light some things that maybe we need to be more aware of.

And i need more guns and ammo and medical stuf and training and food and.....screw it, i am moving to Izzy's!

LOL no i aint. Lived to long in the south as is. Need to make it to Alaska before SHTF.