PDA

View Full Version : Exotic Animals Escape

Kodiak
10-19-2011, 07:22 PM
Sheriff defends order to shoot bears, tigers - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44953925/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/?GT1=43001)

Apparently the owner of an exotic animal farm released dozens of big cats, bears, wolves and other animals before taking his life. The local sheriff's office has ordered its deputies to shoot the animals on sight.

Just a reminder if SHTF ever happens there could be exotic animals, large predators running loose in your area. Something to think about, and to prepare for.

izzyscout21
10-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I feel bad for these animals.

On the other hand, this is probably the only opportunity those officers will have to aquire a genuine Bengal Tiger throw rug.

LUNCHBOX
10-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Maybe this thread could take a turn.....like, Anyone else do one of those pay hunts where you can use whatever you want? Big question isn't will this round kill this or that due to any well placed shot will do it but think about a 600-700 pound animal bent on ripping you a new one coming at you. You round a corner and pow--there it is, bear, tiger, who knows, your rifle gonna do it? And don't throw out there that your bolt action 700 will do it just as soon as you find it in the scope. This would be a point and shoot situation. I don't know how many of you train on ready-ups but you might want to start. Defending/ambushing/avoiding doesn't take near as much reaction time as "I see you, you see me...its go time"

ak474u
10-19-2011, 11:18 PM
This is why I carry a 20mm AA gun in my wallet. All kidding aside, nothing got released that couldn't be killed with a shotgun, or standard MBR. That being said, most of us don't carry a long gun around when we take fido for a walk, so I guess it's pretty much the CCW that most people would be using in a pre-shtf encounter with a wild animal on the loose in the neighborhood. I guess I could kill a cougar or a bear with a 9mm or a .45, but I'd prefer to be up a tree at the very least with a box of hydrashoks if I had to do that. This might actually be a good use for something like a judge if for no other reason than possibly getting pellets on target in a panic fire situation, but I'd want to have some 45 colts on tap as well.

Kodiak
10-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Makes me want to start carrying the .45 in place of the 9mm. Either way, hopefully the loud bang would be enough to scare away the threat because im to big to be climbing tree's... ;)

bacpacker
10-20-2011, 01:15 AM
It makes me rethink having 9mm as a primary. That could get nasty in a hurry.
I wondered if LB and Kodiak were in that area.

ladyhk13
10-20-2011, 01:55 AM
I feel bad for these animals.

On the other hand, this is probably the only opportunity those officers will have to aquire a genuine Bengal Tiger throw rug.

IZZY!!!!! THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Those poor animals...it's not their fault. That man should never had them to begin with. Now there are animals that were endangered gone forever. I just wish that they could have been captured and relocated...it makes me sad.

Good thing I like you izzy....I forgive you for your throw rug remark:rolleyes:

The Stig
10-20-2011, 02:02 AM
This is why I carry a 20mm AA gun in my wallet. All kidding aside, nothing got released that couldn't be killed with a shotgun, or standard MBR. That being said, most of us don't carry a long gun around when we take fido for a walk, so I guess it's pretty much the CCW that most people would be using in a pre-shtf encounter with a wild animal on the loose in the neighborhood. I guess I could kill a cougar or a bear with a 9mm or a .45, but I'd prefer to be up a tree at the very least with a box of hydrashoks if I had to do that. This might actually be a good use for something like a judge if for no other reason than possibly getting pellets on target in a panic fire situation, but I'd want to have some 45 colts on tap as well.

Simply put there is no good use or reason for The Judge.

/hijack

izzyscout21
10-20-2011, 02:45 AM
IZZY!!!!! THAT IS HORRIBLE!!!!!! Those poor animals...it's not their fault. That man should never had them to begin with. Now there are animals that were endangered gone forever. I just wish that they could have been captured and relocated...it makes me sad.

Good thing I like you izzy....I forgive you for your throw rug remark:rolleyes:

I'm in total agreement, it wasn't their fault. That dude was off his rocker and should never have been in possession of such animals. From what I understand, the conditions there were horrible. I feel bad for them, but in a way, I am relieved that they are now out of their misery. No creature should have been subjected to those conditions/man. I think that there's a special place in hell for those that mistreat God's creatures.... right next to the serial rapists.

That being said, I will never turn down an opportunity for tasteless humor. And I kinda have to admit...........the lion eating the monkey.............well, that's just another bad joke waiting to happen.:o

ak474u
10-20-2011, 03:41 AM
Simply put there is no good use or reason for The Judge.

/hijack

I heard the military was gonna replace all of their current weapons with the judge... lol I agree mostly, I think it's kinda fun but it's too big, and not exactly a master performer at being either of it's calibers.

LUNCHBOX
10-20-2011, 04:09 AM
It makes me rethink having 9mm as a primary. That could get nasty in a hurry.
I wondered if LB and Kodiak were in that area.

No, we are south of that county. At 6+ and 300+, I'd like to see Kodiak wrestle one of the bears.

izzyscout21
10-20-2011, 04:17 AM
I'd put some money on Kodiak!

Stormfeather
10-20-2011, 04:29 AM
This sounds like a missed opportunity for me to try out my new Barrett. . . . dammit!

And yes, I would love a Bengal Tiger throw rug, if anything, I would have at least got me a monkey skin riding crop out of it, so this way spanking the monkey brings on a whole new meaning!

ravensgrove
10-20-2011, 06:04 AM
This morning as I watched this news I mourned, as an animal keeper and lover. These poor wild things spent their lives in cages, and then had to be murdered because of a humans stupidity. Exotic animals are not pets. Sadly, he probably had so many as rescue from idiots who got them as babies thinking they could be pets.

Idiots.

Stormfeather
10-20-2011, 06:24 AM
I agree, but due to the conditions of them being raised as such, im not sure there would have been any good chance of capturing them alive, I did read they tried using tran darts in the beginning, but it just didnt work out. Still sad and a waste of life all around.

Kodiak
10-20-2011, 06:28 PM
Just heard on the radio that a couple grizzly bears and monkeys were able to be captured alive and transported to Columbus Zoo, and that all of the animals that escaped were either killed or captured. I wonder if the local authorities would tell the truth if say a big cat or two managed to avoid detection and remain on the prowl? It will be interesting to see how many sightings are reported over the next several months.

bacpacker
10-21-2011, 12:34 AM
Kodiak I want to see you go up against the bear. That'd prolly be a good one. :)

Kodiak
10-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Kodiak I want to see you go up against the bear. That'd prolly be a good one. :)

I always wondered if a swift kick to the twig and berries would work on a bear...

izzyscout21
10-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I always wondered if a swift kick to the twig and berries would work on a bear...

Give it a shot. Film it also please........for training purposes.

bacpacker
10-21-2011, 11:34 PM
Gotta have pics of course.

Dropy
10-25-2011, 12:14 AM

So..you DO have a death wish?

izzyscout21
10-25-2011, 12:17 AM

probably not, but that nerve gas you emitted when we left the Japanese place would.

Kodiak
10-25-2011, 12:59 PM
probably not, but that nerve gas you emitted when we left the Japanese place would.

Im still missing half my eyebrow from the fireball, and I like how Lunchbox backed away from the grill and couldnt even warn a brother :p

TEOTWAWKI13
10-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Im still missing half my eyebrow from the fireball, and I like how Lunchbox backed away from the grill and couldnt even warn a brother :p

Stop it now or this Chrysler dealership is gonna see a grown man cry....from laughter of course, but cry nonetheless.

izzyscout21
10-26-2011, 03:15 AM
I think we pissed those girls off.........then again, the rest of the place didn't look happy either.

mitunnelrat
10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Stop it now or this Chrysler dealership is gonna see a grown man cry....from laughter of course, but cry nonetheless.

Luckily for me, there is noone around.
Thanks guy's for the laugh

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 05:15 AM

And we are thinking about buying up near you guys!! Scary that ya'll would be our MAG!

LUNCHBOX
11-06-2011, 05:12 AM
Lady, you have no idea.

ladyhk13
11-06-2011, 05:30 AM
In the famous words of Hellboy..............Oh Crap. :)