PDA

View Full Version : NexSplint and Cervical Collar

The Stig
03-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Here's a new product: (http://www.chinookmed.com/cgi-bin/item/01198MG/NEW/-NexSplint-Plus-Cervical-Collar-----------------)It's a combination head restraint/cervical collar.

The NexSplint is specifically designed to completely secure the joints above and below a cervical injury. It is optimum for tactical and vehicle operations. It utilizes high cheek bone pads, an intra-scapular stabilization plate and “X” stabilization straps to provide unparalled stabilization. It is fully adjustable on both sides to fit children through large adults and eliminate the uncertainty of traditional, sized collars. These adjustments allow for splinting in the “position of injury” and eliminate the need for casualty manipulation.

NeXsplint is the compact, foldable version of the XCollar, packed in a heavy duty, vacuum sealed, polyethylene bag to protect the device in extreme conditions. It has been designed for vehicle extrication, tactical medicine, over the side, confined space, mountain and urban rescue.

http://www.chinookmed.com/mas_assets/full/01198MG.jpg

This would be a handy device to have around. A neck injury in the middle of a SHTF event could be very challenging. Being able to quickly and effectively secure the patient would free you up to deal with the SHTF event until medical care was available.

bacpacker
03-11-2011, 12:46 AM
Any idea of cost of these?

The Stig
03-11-2011, 12:49 AM
$25.95/ea

If you want to order click on the link. It will take you to Chinook Medical.

bacpacker
03-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I appreciate it. Never know when you might need something like that.

rushellwilliam
07-30-2011, 08:37 AM
One of my friend is having Cervical problem. This Cervical Collar will help her to cure this problem. What is the price range of this equipment.

The Stig
08-01-2011, 12:52 AM
One of my friend is having Cervical problem. This Cervical Collar will help her to cure this problem. What is the price range of this equipment.

At the time of the post it was $26. Not sure what the cost is now.

LUNCHBOX
08-01-2011, 03:25 AM
BP, pm sent about a Ambu Ace neck brace I have.