PDA

View Full Version : 7 billion people

Sniper-T
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
the Earth's 7 billionth person is expected to be born today. Probably in India.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have enough preps for everyone, so some of these people are going to have to look after themselves!

mollypup
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I got into BIG trouble on another site when I gave my opinion that there are WAAAAAY too many people on this planet. I guess those who have big families don't like hearing such things, but it doesn't negate the fact that there are WAAAAAY too many people on this planet.

eagle326
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
Wonder how long those sacred cows will last when they get really really hungry? ;)

ladyhk13
10-31-2011, 11:55 PM
I got into BIG trouble on another site when I gave my opinion that there are WAAAAAY too many people on this planet. I guess those who have big families don't like hearing such things, but it doesn't negate the fact that there are WAAAAAY too many people on this planet.

Oh I remember that! On the news today they said that our food costs were going to rise sharply due to the world population (that was the only real reason they could come up with to justify the rise) and then another man came on during the same hour saying that we are going to have a shortage of people because the baby boomers are getting older, China still has the one child rule, people that are child bearing age are not having as many kids these days.....so if that is the case tell me again WHY is our food cost going to go up like crazy here in the very near future?
Bottom line...every one of us need to be prepping on the food side like crazy while it's still affordable to buy the stuff ya need at the store. Costco here I come. On the serious side though, I really am trying to prep for more people than we have in our family. If travelers or fellow preppers are trying to get somewhere and need a helping hand just to move along and aren't "zombies" I feel that if we have it we should help if we are able to. If we were out traveling and trying to get home when shtf I would hope someone would do the same for us. I try to remember that there will be good people out there...not all zombies. Am I the only one who thinks that way?

bacpacker
11-01-2011, 12:09 AM
Lady i kinda think along those lines myself. I'm not sure we would be in a path of migration, just due to where we are. However if folks passin thru and are around my area that I know and trust, I'm sure I can come up with a meal or two.
The other thing I have gave thought to is trading work for food. With there just being the 2 of us, there are always gonna be things we need help with.

helomech
11-01-2011, 12:11 AM
I just could not risk bringing in a stranger, even if the odds are that they are good people. The risk is jus too high.

ladyhk13
11-01-2011, 01:22 AM
I think we all should have the ant sticker in our window and one to carry so we know where it's safe to stop and who is safe to let in

RedJohn
11-01-2011, 01:31 AM
There are about 3 billions too many. it's OK nature will take care of it.

Kodiak
11-01-2011, 01:08 PM
I can see it now, with the 7 billionth person being born oil prices are going to skyrocket! Seems like all they need these days is an excuse :/

Sparrow
11-01-2011, 03:35 PM
I thought 7 million wasn't coming until next year?

Yeah, that is just too many people.

Grumpy Old Man
11-01-2011, 06:14 PM
The overpopulation problem is not in the US or Canada, but in what we consider 3rd world countries. Between China and India, they have almost 1/3 of the world's population. Throw in the Islamic countries and you get closer to 2/3 of the world's population. Yes, there are too many people in the world, but not in North America.

Sparrow
11-02-2011, 12:51 AM
There are about 3 billions too many. it's OK nature will take care of it.

About 6 billion too many, Bilderburg will take care of it.

izzyscout21
11-02-2011, 01:06 AM
The overpopulation problem is not in the US or Canada, but in what we consider 3rd world countries. Between China and India, they have almost 1/3 of the world's population. Throw in the Islamic countries and you get closer to 2/3 of the world's population. Yes, there are too many people in the world, but not in North America.

I did the best I could to help alleviate that problem, but I was apparently unsuccessful in my attempts...........not enough ammo......................;)

Stormfeather
11-02-2011, 02:22 AM
I did the best I could to help alleviate that problem, but I was apparently unsuccessful in my attempts...........not enough ammo......................;)

Dont worry, here next year I will continue your legacy over there and do MY part to once again, curb the worlds population issue.

ladyhk13
11-02-2011, 02:36 AM
Dont worry, here next year I will continue your legacy over there and do MY part to once again, curb the worlds population issue.

Thank you for your dedication and courage.

RedJohn
11-02-2011, 03:05 AM

We had the ammo, the will to use them, and the targets of opportunity. We used these resources at the beginning but they thought that we were eager and overzealous so they forced us to be more selective in our target choices. When it came down to only reply when fired upon, I left.

RedJohn
11-02-2011, 03:08 AM

I wish you all the luck there. When are you leaving and for how long. Sometimes, I wish I could go again.

Stormfeather
11-02-2011, 07:28 AM
While I would love to actually talk about that part of the military deployment, unfortunately, I fall under a command that is very big on OpSec. Times, dates, and lengths all fall under OpSec which I am sure you fully understand! :) But to give ya an idea, I work at JFK alot, and I dont mean the airport! :P

RedJohn
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
While I would love to actually talk about that part of the military deployment, unfortunately, I fall under a command that is very big on OpSec. Times, dates, and lengths all fall under OpSec which I am sure you fully understand! :) But to give ya an idea, I work at JFK alot, and I dont mean the airport! :P

I understand OPSEC, don't worry. My deployment was more of the "para-military" type. JFK, you don't get to go on the ground, this is where the fun is, although I had fun too when I was younger on a carrier, but a lot smaller than yours. Be safe anyway.

Is your spec, OPSEC?

ETA: JFK was decommissioned. I guess I was thinking of the wrong one.

Stormfeather
11-03-2011, 06:48 PM
I understand OPSEC, don't worry. My deployment was more of the "para-military" type. JFK, you don't get to go on the ground, this is where the fun is, although I had fun too when I was younger on a carrier, but a lot smaller than yours. Be safe anyway.

Is your spec, OPSEC?

ETA: JFK was decommissioned. I guess I was thinking of the wrong one.

Yea, im talking about the JFK in North Carolina, the army variant!
I did my time as a PSC over in the box, played that game for 4 years before I hung it up to work on my retirement! I'm almost there!

ladyhk13
11-03-2011, 11:07 PM
We had the ammo, the will to use them, and the targets of opportunity. We used these resources at the beginning but they thought that we were eager and overzealous so they forced us to be more selective in our target choices. When it came down to only reply when fired upon, I left.

It's pretty one sided when you have to ask "Mommy may I?" before even taking off the safety, isn't it?

izzyscout21
11-05-2011, 01:12 AM
yep. sucks.