PDA

View Full Version : Training for the everyday Joe

gunbuilder69
03-14-2011, 02:16 AM
Can a level of training for the everyday Joe/Jane be had without getting a second mortgage or a part time job to pay for it?
Yes,Yes you can.but it means you'll have to look and compare what's avialable vs. what's practical and credible.
I like to tell folks to think of a triangle and put the words.
Practical
Affordable
credible
one at each tip of the triangle, Then in real life you can only match one side of the triangle.
However,there's no rule that says you can't pick another side later on for some remedial,recurring training.
I have opened a training company with 2 of my Army buddies i've seen combat with.
we have been teaching some classes for local security companies and even got a training contract with the local community college ROTC classes.
We're teaching everything from line contact to BLS & tactical medical concepts.
This summer we will be conducting ditch level survival courses to local companies and trainers themselves.
Here's the site,I'm the very LARGE guy in the red shirt with the ROTC kids,under the training bullet.
Charlie Group (http://charliegroupoperational.com/index.htm)
Let me know what you think!
Gb69

The Stig
03-14-2011, 06:27 PM
What's the tactical medicine concepts class all about? That is relevant to my interests.

ETA: Is that a UTG tactical polo? I hear those rawk.

gunbuilder69
03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
It's essentially ditch medicine applied to hostile environments.
the basic courses must be met first in order to grasp the concepts and techniques used in the TacMed class.
We cover Rapid trauma/Pt. evaluation for hasty treatment of gunshots,laceration secondary to shrapmetal,explosive concussion treatment in addition Hypovolemia from bleed-out,I.V. med evaluation and treatment,proper I.V. selection and placement,crash drug schedules encountered in combat environments, Advanced level bone and wound care(basic is covered in both BLS and First Aid classes). and Pt. recovery and Evac.

And it's just a plain old Hanes sport rag that I happen to love dearly thank you.
I bet Mrs Stig/Abner would like to toss out a couple of your fave's too!lol

The Stig
03-15-2011, 01:43 AM
I might have to travel to Florida for some training this summer.