PDA

View Full Version : Women be Proud of your Curves!

Sparrow
11-04-2011, 05:11 PM
I think a little budda belly on a woman is sexy. I just cannot understand why people (not only women) are so obsessed with being super thin. Scary thin. Really guys: is scary-bones-sticking-out-thin sexy?

As a healthy woman I enjoy my curves, eating high calorie notorious meals. I even enjoy my little belly; what I affectionately refer to as ‘my ‘lil budda’ ... rub her and she will bring you luck – promise. Marilyn Monroe had a little tummy, and so do the most sexy belly dancers and playboy bunnies. Da budda is in according to me!

A tip to men: tell your woman you love her curves and her tummy – and be sincere! She will be glad for the assurance and love you all the more for it.

http://www.bengalmarketing.com/blogimgs/anorexia1.jpg

Now, you might do a double take if each woman, in turn, walked down the street. Mind you one you would categorise as super hot, the other you would gawk at and rush to the nearest fast food joint in hope of obtaining a burger for her. She sure needs it!

I think it is a pretty sick society we live in where this conception of super thinness is synonymous with beauty. I used to be the chubby girl growing up, but I must say ... I would prefer to have those extra pounds back then deal with a warped and twisted body image where I saw a chubby girl in the mirror – instead of the bones poking through the skin of my ribcage and pelvis when I looked in a mirror. Afraid to eat, counting carbs and calories, and thinking that it is a great accomplishment in my life that the size zero trousers I try on at the GAP are bagged out in the back.

So, this note for women! Be proud of who you are and as a preper / survivalist it is a good idea not to be too thin – think of that inch you can pinch as extra calories in the pantry when you need them!

helomech
11-04-2011, 05:25 PM
There is such a thing as too skinny and the one on the right is too skinny. But I do like thin woman.

trooper dan
11-04-2011, 07:38 PM
I think curvy women are beautiful. However this works both ways. Too fat is just like too thin, people seem to get the radical ends of the spectrum confused. Curvy is not fat, because so many over weight women classify themselves as "Curvy". But they are actually bastardizing the idea of a properly proportioned curvy woman. Overweight unhealthy women are ruining the definition of beautiful voluptuous healthy women. Another popular classification coming about, is that women now classify their body type as "average", overweight is also the new average apparently.

Dropy
11-04-2011, 09:25 PM
I think curvy women are beautiful. However this works both ways. Too fat is just like too thin, people seem to get the radical ends of the spectrum confused. Curvy is not fat, because so many over weight women classify themselves as "Curvy". But they are actually bastardizing the idea of a properly proportioned curvy woman. Overweight unhealthy women are ruining the definition of beautiful voluptuous healthy women. Another popular classification coming about, is that women now classify their body type as "average", overweight is also the new average apparently.

Agreed.

TEOTWAWKI13
11-04-2011, 09:27 PM
What's their shelf life, from a prepping standpoint I mean?

ladyhk13
11-04-2011, 11:09 PM
I think the "perfect" size/weight for a woman is where she feels HEALTHY. Some feel better with a little weight on them and others don't. I run from a size zero to a 3 and honestly feel better around a 2. I have a small frame so the extra 5 lbs on me is a huge difference. I don't want to be bone thin but I would rather be on the thin side than the chubby side only because I feel better. I don't really care what guys think.

ak474u
11-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Yea, the one on the right is concentration camp skinny... The one on the left is built like my wife, and doesn't look sick. I worked a trade show the other day with a girl who is a ballerina, and she was gross skinny, very pretty, but waaay too skinny, like has veins showing in her arms skinny. I know dancers are thin, but when she told me she works out daily, and was on a diet, I almost said "honey, you're gonna die"

Sparrow
11-05-2011, 01:44 AM
Another thing about being too thin, is the skin ages prematurely. I have to keep and extra 10 lbs on my frame, and I am tall 5'8" ... so I don't look my age in the face.

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 02:41 AM
Another thing about being too thin, is the skin ages prematurely. I have to keep and extra 10 lbs on my frame, and I am tall 5'8" ... so I don't look my age in the face.

You are right about that....you being so tall you can handle the extra weight. I am only 4'11" so even 5 extra lbs on me is HUGE! Thank God I don't look my age, everyone I meet thinks I'm 20 years younger than I am (yahoo!)...I'm 50, and I guess Stig could tell ya if I look that old since he saw a pic of me by accident on that photo site where Sparrow was teaching me how to do pics ....although I do feel it more and more each day! I think that if a woman isn't obese and feels good and her husband/boyfriend loves her body the way it is then she is sexy. Bone thin is gross but it's easier to gain weight than it is to lose it.

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 05:02 AM

btw...I have seen a pic of you and you are gorgeous!!! No need to change your weight at all!

Gunfixr
11-05-2011, 05:41 AM
I don't like super skinny women, and never did.
I like curves, but there can be too much. Some belly doesn't bother me. Bones poking out does.
Thin is ok, but a little meat on the bones is better.
I've never had the "perfect body", and don't expect my lady to either.

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 05:51 AM
I don't like super skinny women, and never did.
I like curves, but there can be too much. Some belly doesn't bother me. Bones poking out does.
Thin is ok, but a little meat on the bones is better.
I've never had the "perfect body", and don't expect my lady to either.

Very well put gunfixr. My DH does want me to work out with him all the time (which I haven't started yet...oops) but I think it's more for our health than for losing any weight...he knows as we get older we need to take better care of ourselves.

Stormfeather
11-05-2011, 06:15 AM
The way I have always looked at it is this. . . .

Meat is for the man, bones are for the dog.

Dont like my women to be anorexic thin, but dont want a woman who isnt proportionate to her height either. As far as im concerned, the girl in the pic on the left is just fine, and I have no problems with even a few more pounds either. Lets face it, when it comes to playtime in the sack. . . who wants to feel like they are going to break their woman???

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 06:26 AM
The way I have always looked at it is this. . . .

Meat is for the man, bones are for the dog.

Dont like my women to be anorexic thin, but dont want a woman who isnt proportionate to her height either. As far as im concerned, the girl in the pic on the left is just fine, and I have no problems with even a few more pounds either. Lets face it, when it comes to playtime in the sack. . . who wants to feel like they are going to break their woman???

what pic??? can't see any girl??? that tiny little avatar? no wonder you think she's fine.. LOL!!!!!!!! You're too funny.

Sparrow
11-05-2011, 02:12 PM
btw...I have seen a pic of you and you are gorgeous!!! No need to change your weight at all!

Awww! I know from experience, a woman's body isn't made for physical labour like a man's is. We have a naturally higher body fat, for many reasons to be healthy.

I got down to (last year) a size 2/4 Lady, can you imagine? And it was just because I was working and living too hard! A 2 on your sounds just perfect, ... but a 2 on me - ick! When 17, I was as slim size 4 and it looked fine because of being so young and having the baby-fat in the face. At 30 now, I know I have to maintain a size 8 for many reasons! And who wouldn't love being able to eat whatever they want (being healthy though not toxic junk) ... because they're active. I love food!

Also, I don't buy into the idea of face creams and products to keep you young looking. Have people actually read the toxins in that stuff? If you stay away from alcohol, smoking, sun, chemicals, and eat a diet with a good amount of good fats (skin and all organs need fat), ... then women would find their skin improve drastically - men too :)

I don't want to sound like a know-it-all ... but that is just what I find for myself. 40 is just around the corner for me ... and like you Lady ... I always want people to mistake me for being 10-20 years younger then I am!!!

ladyhk13
11-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Awww! I know from experience, a woman's body isn't made for physical labour like a man's is. We have a naturally higher body fat, for many reasons to be healthy.

I got down to (last year) a size 2/4 Lady, can you imagine? And it was just because I was working and living too hard! A 2 on your sounds just perfect, ... but a 2 on me - ick! When 17, I was as slim size 4 and it looked fine because of being so young and having the baby-fat in the face. At 30 now, I know I have to maintain a size 8 for many reasons! And who wouldn't love being able to eat whatever they want (being healthy though not toxic junk) ... because they're active. I love food!

Also, I don't buy into the idea of face creams and products to keep you young looking. Have people actually read the toxins in that stuff? If you stay away from alcohol, smoking, sun, chemicals, and eat a diet with a good amount of good fats (skin and all organs need fat), ... then women would find their skin improve drastically - men too :)

I don't want to sound like a no-it-all ... but that is just what I find for myself. 40 is just around the corner for me ... and like you Lady ... I always want people to mistake me for being 10-20 years younger then I am!!!

Boy am I screwed! Being brought up in Fl I spent every moment possible at the beach or in the pool working on my tan (my mom always told me I would get skin cancer and I always told her by the time I had to worry about it they would have a cure! Ha!)...I hear it from the docs now telling me NO SUN just because of all the sun damage freckles on my upper body...to me they just look like freckles. Oh well. I am a juck food junkie. I love cheesecake, chocolate (hubby made me the most wonderful red velvet cake with butter creame frosting the other night and I just had a piece, yummy!)...I eat peanut m&m's by the handfull's - we buy them by the huge bags not those small ones. I try to pace myself though but admit I don't eat a lot of veggies although I love them, I love salads but I just don't make them all the time - if I go out to eat I'll get them or if we're having steaks (we like to eat bison) then I make some kick butt salads. We have really bad eating habits I have to admit. I guess I get my genes from my dad who was jockey size and not my mom who is very overweight. I do know when I start to gain a few lbs that I have to back off of the goodies though so I can fit back in my jeans!! LOL! My DH loves my body the way it is and if I were to get too chuncky he would tell me.
bty...I smoked for 30 years and still like to have one when I drink alcohol or if I'm around smokers. Other than that I don't smoke anymore...I can take it or leave it. I sure am a bad example for all of your good ways to live, huh Sparrow!! At least I can be used as a bad example......................oh yeah, and I use crap on my face :(

Sparrow
11-05-2011, 11:53 PM
Boy am I screwed! Being brought up in Fl I spent every moment possible at the beach or in the pool working on my tan (my mom always told me I would get skin cancer and I always told her by the time I had to worry about it they would have a cure! Ha!)...I hear it from the docs now telling me NO SUN just because of all the sun damage freckles on my upper body...to me they just look like freckles. Oh well. I am a juck food junkie. I love cheesecake, chocolate (hubby made me the most wonderful red velvet cake with butter creame frosting the other night and I just had a piece, yummy!)...I eat peanut m&m's by the handfull's - we buy them by the huge bags not those small ones. I try to pace myself though but admit I don't eat a lot of veggies although I love them, I love salads but I just don't make them all the time - if I go out to eat I'll get them or if we're having steaks (we like to eat bison) then I make some kick butt salads. We have really bad eating habits I have to admit. I guess I get my genes from my dad who was jockey size and not my mom who is very overweight. I do know when I start to gain a few lbs that I have to back off of the goodies though so I can fit back in my jeans!! LOL! My DH loves my body the way it is and if I were to get too chuncky he would tell me.
bty...I smoked for 30 years and still like to have one when I drink alcohol or if I'm around smokers. Other than that I don't smoke anymore...I can take it or leave it. I sure am a bad example for all of your good ways to live, huh Sparrow!! At least I can be used as a bad example......................oh yeah, and I use crap on my face :(

Yeah, yeah, you are all talk! :) I noticed your junk food: cheese cake (good source of calcium, and those fats which are good too for the skin), and chocolate - RICH in antioxidants! Also, pleasure foods like that - relieve stress. Those aren't really junk at all! Junk is SODA, prepackaged meals that are high is preservatives, candies, ... that sort of thing ...

Also when did you quit smoking? The last 10 years over 100 additional carcinogens have been added to ciggies. Yeah smoking is bad, but if you gotta do it - go get ORGANIC tobacco!

Everyone had a vice, mine are chips. I LOVE chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ladyhk13
11-06-2011, 12:01 AM
Yeah, yeah, you are all talk! :) I noticed your junk food: cheese cake (good source of calcium, and those fats which are good too for the skin), and chocolate - RICH in antioxidants! Also, pleasure foods like that - relieve stress. Those aren't really junk at all! Junk is SODA, prepackaged meals that are high is preservatives, candies, ... that sort of thing ...

Also when did you quit smoking? The last 10 years over 100 additional carcinogens have been added to ciggies. Yeah smoking is bad, but if you gotta do it - go get ORGANIC tobacco!

Everyone had a vice, mine are chips. I LOVE chips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yahoooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Well then I'm doing great!!! Eating my peanut m&m's right now, waiting for my son to bring pizza hut home (ok, I'm having the pasta so it's not so bad for me). I quit in 2005 and now when I smoke I actually go to the tobacco store and buy it in the bag and roll it myself. They have the tubes and it's really cool. Actually it's kind of fun so I consider it a hobby when I do it :) I get the menthol pipe tobacco and light tubes and I do notice it doesn't burn my throat or make me cough like store bought cigs do. So I've become a Healthy Smoker when I smoke!! LOL! You make me feel so good! Thanks girlfriend!

Sparrow
11-06-2011, 01:57 PM
I love these ads. Real healthy women of all shapes and sizes! There are thinner women, bigger women .. all healthy!

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/dove-models-real-beauty.jpg

http://www.businessweek.com/the_thread/brandnewday/archives/blog%20dove%20girls.jpg

http://tvadsandme.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/alg_dove-ad.jpg

What I find funny is the girl who is so pale you almost cannot see her - she looks like me! She even has a little tummy!

Gunfixr
11-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Actually, women's bodies are built for labor, but different than a mans body.
Men are built for short terms of very hard strenuous labor, while women are built for long term lighter strenuous labor.
While men have more brute strength, women have more stamina. Men can do the jobs that are much physically harder, but only for a short time. Women cannot easily do the harder physically jobs, but can do the easier jobs all day long.
Women, as the "prettier" sex, have more softly shaped bodies to attract men. They have all of the same muscles, just not quite as well developed, and covered with a light layer of body fat to take away the hard lines. This body fat also helps as an energy source for times of pregnancy, to keep the baby fed. In addition, as nurturers and caretakers of both the young and the men, they will skip caring for themselves to care for others.
If you really look at the differences between women and men, you can truly see that they are meant for each other, as neither is truly complete. Sure, either can survive without the other, but there are noticeable deficiencies in both their lives without the other around.

Sparrow
11-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I like your post a lot Gunfixr, and agree with you. But on a said note:

I unloaded 3 000 pounds of firewood off the truck today, tell 'women's bodies are built for labor' to my boobs! I took my time, but women have boobs that hinder intensive labour in all sorts of ways.

Also, they don't have to be big, to be super sensitive and not able to take even the slightest trauma. Like holding something against them.

So, men ... know that those things not only look great - they are delicate and be nice to them! :)

Gunfixr
11-06-2011, 08:18 PM
Lol, yes, I knew they were sensitive, and am always nice to them.

My post wasn't to seem that women cannot do hard labor, only that they are not built for it. In fact, either sex can do pretty much 95% or better of what the other can do, only that each one is more suited for certain abilities than the other.
Each can do the jobs that the other is more suited to do, but it will not be as easy for them, as they are not really built for it.
Can women do brute force labor? Sure, but they will overwork their muscles and pay for it.
Can men do light force labor? Sure, but they still will not have the stamina and tire at almost the same rate.
Can women think and act on a strictly logical method, without emotional input? Sure, but they have to work at it, for it is against their nature as emotional caregivers.
Can men think emotionally and be caregivers? Sure, but they have to work at it, as they are more logical, less emotional thinkers.

They are different, but neither is superior when they are looked at as a whole. They benefit each other, as well as keep each other in check.

Dropy
11-06-2011, 08:30 PM
I like your post a lot Gunfixr, and agree with you. But on a said note:

I unloaded 3 000 pounds of firewood off the truck today, tell 'women's bodies are built for labor' to my boobs! I took my time, but women have boobs that hinder intensive labour in all sorts of ways.

Also, they don't have to be big, to be super sensitive and not able to take even the slightest trauma. Like holding something against them.

So, men ... know that those things not only look great - they are delicate and be nice to them! :)

In all seriousness i have found this out!! Fiancee's boobs can be kinda tender from time to time, so i offer to massage them more ( for her own sake of course). Cant have mamma hurt'n...

ravensgrove
11-06-2011, 10:16 PM
While men have more brute strength, women have more stamina. Men can do the jobs that are much physically harder, but only for a short time. Women cannot easily do the harder physically jobs, but can do the easier jobs all day long.
Women, as the "prettier" sex, have more softly shaped bodies to attract men. They have all of the same muscles, just not quite as well developed, and covered with a light layer of body fat to take away the hard lines. This body fat also helps as an energy source for times of pregnancy, to keep the baby fed. In addition, as nurturers and caretakers of both the young and the men, they will skip caring for themselves to care for others.
If you really look at the differences between women and men, you can truly see that they are meant for each other, as neither is truly complete. Sure, either can survive without the other, but there are noticeable deficiencies in both their lives without the other around.

That was very well put. I never want to be considered equal to a man. Just respected for my own natural worth.

First: I am a chunk. But guess what? This chunk works like a mule all day long on this farm. Stamina is my middle name. But run? Crap, I couldn't run anywhere unless there was a bear involved.
Second: I think its important to point out, not all women are caucasian. Body types do vary amongst gene pools. Period. I have big old birthing hips and gave birth to two 10 lb babies to prove it, 17 and 11 years ago. I could walk for hours on end, Big J says this is those native gathering roots kicking in. We hiked clear to Emerald ridge on Mt. Rainier and he and his buddies all PT studs were falling out well before I was. But I can't sprint to the end of the road. I can't bench crap, but I can leg press more than my 6'2 husband can.
Third: Constitution is important in a shit hit the fan scenario. Younger, prekids I was obsessively thin also. If I got sick I was totally out for days, maybe a week or more. Now even if I get sick (which I rarely do now), post kids and + 50 lbs I just keep on going like an energizer bunny. Most of the "it" girls I think might starve in a week sans a cracker or whatever they usually consume in 24 hours.
Fourth: Weight means nothing, body fat however is very important, all gene pools and body types carry weight differently. I have two female friends my exact same weight/height. One is a size 18, one is a size 20 and I'm somewhere in between a 12/14 depending on what the hell it is.

So there ya go. And I am trying to decide whether I think this conversation has anything to do with prepping....but if we keep it at health/constitution vs. beauty (to whom)...I get it, sorta.

ladyhk13
11-06-2011, 11:36 PM
I agree with you all about body type having a great deal to do with what you would be able to do in a shtf scenario. Me being small, I could get into tight spaces or up into trees to gather fruits or lookout to far distances...I was more of a sprinter unlike Raven who was long distance. Men are naturally stronger in the upper body but I do think that women might have it on the lower body. Is it because we have children and carry weight? Maybe. I think when shtf everyone in their MAG would have to decide who has what strengths built upon not only their physical build but their educational/emotional skills as well. There has to be a balance. The only one who I think I know so far who could probably live totally alone and do everything is Ravensgrove! That girl knows it all!!!!!! She's the complete package!

LUNCHBOX
11-07-2011, 06:33 AM
Maybe look at it this way, 12-18 months in to any hard hitting scenario and no one will be curved or should I say over-curved. To me its not what you weigh its what you do....if your doing your part when it counts then there you go. Being larger, being smaller or being right in the middle won't matter--lazy is lazy no matter the size.

Wow, now I'm not sure if I posted on the right post with this comment...lol.

ravensgrove
11-08-2011, 02:30 PM
I decidedly do not think I could make it on my own...for the record: I think we all need a tribe.

Sparrow
11-08-2011, 02:50 PM
I decidedly do not think I could make it on my own...for the record: I think we all need a tribe.

That is for sure! Raven you are very lucky to have a prepper husband and two great kids. But on the other hand you have to do almost everything yourself with BigJ gone.

On a side note, probably not appropriate but this is just for Raven: I think a lot of men, knowing how capable you are (and gorgeous, you are too modest) ... I think men are jealous of your skills and attributes because they covet those skills in a woman, and they know their woman not only is deficient in many aspects - they are simply not capable of what you are - and in many aspects would be a great liability in a SHTF scenario. I remember seeing a lot of grumbling and insulting of women, even their women, over on the other forum ... and it is like they want to think all women are like that? Not sure, humm ...

ravensgrove
11-08-2011, 08:17 PM
Probably so. Thanks for the kudos...coming from the Clan of the Cave Bear/Norwegian Supermodel I will take that I am gorgeous as an extreme compliment...but would caution you getting an extra pair of glasses, or seven....before SHTF. ;)

ladyhk13
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
I do think Raven that you and Justa both have been ann inspiration for women here. You have given me hope about should I need to live on my own (I thank God every night for my wonderful DH and ask him to protect him from all harm) during a shft scenario that I could be as strong as you to raise and slaughter animals for food and even learn how to tan their hides -- which is something I think is very cool anyway but there isn't any place near here to learn from. But you are probably the most well rounded woman I think I have ever known and I have the utmost respect for you.

Justa gave me the courage to tackle canning meats and broke it down and showed the pics and gave me pointers of what went wrong when I had tried to do meats before. Her trial and error in her garden and set up is wonderful and has given me ideas for my own garden.

I have been blessed to have all of you in my life. I learn every day.

Sparrow
11-08-2011, 09:08 PM
Probably so. Thanks for the kudos...coming from the Clan of the Cave Bear/Norwegian Supermodel I will take that I am gorgeous as an extreme compliment...but would caution you getting an extra pair of glasses, or seven....before SHTF. ;)

AWWwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!

Yes, I agree absolutely on the back up glasses. Right now I only have one pair (not a good idea) - at the very least I should get a pair of prescription work goggles. I have been thinking of lazer correction. Which with the high cost of my glasses prescription would be the same cost of 2-3 pairs of glasses.

I am curious what people think / know about Lazer correction ...

ravensgrove
11-08-2011, 09:13 PM
I had laser eye surgery, and now see worse. Dead serious. For anyone with an acute astigmatism I advise against it.

Sparrow
11-08-2011, 09:20 PM
I had laser eye surgery, and now see worse. Dead serious. For anyone with an acute astigmatism I advise against it.

OMG, I have a stigma ... this is all I need to stay away.

Do you wear contacts? I never see you in specks?

ladyhk13
11-08-2011, 10:10 PM

I'm so sorry Raven! How long has it been? Maybe it just hasn't healed yet? Have you gone back and asked your doc about it and what he can do to fix it? I had it done back in 2003 and I see great for distance. I did have to give up some of my near distance but he went over that with me so I was prepared for it. I could still see up close things back then but not as clearly as before. I think it's all about the doc. I researched them before I chose him. Mine was a leader in the field and did all the football players for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (sp). There are a lot of bad docs out there especially the ones who give "specials" or 2for1 discounts. Those are the ones who are hard up for business and it's the only way to lure people in. I had the worse astigmatism in my right eye that the largest "E" was blurry. Anyone wanting this surgery do your homework first, go into the waiting room and look for people that have had it and ask them how it came out for them and would they do it again, do they like the doc....people will usually tell you...is he prompt or do they wait an hour past your appt time? How do the staff treat you? This is a good indication of how the doc will care for you too. I took a long time looking and ended up traveling more than an hour to his office so I could get the best. It's worth it.

Gunfixr
11-09-2011, 05:43 PM
I have bad astigmatism also, coupled with bad nearsightedness.I've worn glasses since I was 7, when I could not read the chalkboard, even from the front row. I checked into the laser surgery as well.
Couldn't be done. Well, they could do it, but my vision improvement would be so negligible as to not be worth it.
As was explained to me, the recut the lens of the eye, and it makes it thinner. They can only go so thin. With nearsightedness, the eye is out of round, kind of like a football, which means they'd need to take off a lot. Also, the natural thickness of the lens varies from person to person.
Anyway, with some people, the combinations stack up to make it undoable.
There is one good point. Now, in my 40s, my vision is actually starting to improve. As we get older, we get farsighted. Since I am so nearsighted, it will slowly counteract my nearsightedness, although probably not enough to get rid of my glasses. Anyway, I do have extra. In fact, I got some sport goggles with my prescription.

Sparrow
11-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Thanks everyone for your experiences ... I was phobic before ... yeah so not going to happen. I read they make you sign a paper saying if they blind you or anything else goes wrong they have no responsibility ... I could never take that risk.