PDA

View Full Version : Prep & Pantry for iPhone

RedJohn
11-10-2011, 12:55 AM
There is an iPhone app for the preppers. It is a $5 app though.

Prep & Pantry for iPhone (http://www.galalooapps.com/)

Simply keeping an inventory of your pantry can be a cumbersome task, especially if all you have is a pad of paper. Items get shelved without being recorded. A family member takes an item off of the shelf with out making note of what was used. If this happens just a few times you will have to start over and re-inventory everything! Who knows how far off the inventory list is? What about that first aid kit or the food in your emergency bag. It can be mind-boggling how quickly those items seem to expire.
Prep & Pantry is designed to be dead simple. Quick and easy to use. Clean. Uncluttered. Add a full shelf of items in minutes. Check an item out in seconds. Find what has expired or is about to along with where it is, right now.
Prep & Pantry does more than track item expiration. It is useful for keeping supply inventories by location and quantity. For example, tracking the number of canisters of stove fuel and where they are stored. The contents of the first aid kit or your emergency bag. The emergency supplies in your car. Your book collection. The wine cellar. It doesn’t matter what you need to keep track of, Prep & Pantry is there for you.
The items you keep track of don’t necessarily have to have a barcode either. Select the No Barcode option or create your own tracking ids using any combination of numbers and letters. Do you have your own label printer? Using readily found software you can print your own barcodes. Prep & Pantry recognizes most types of barcodes including QR Code. (That’s the square one that looks like TV static.)

bacpacker
11-10-2011, 10:52 PM
RJ do you know if it's available for any of the other phone platforms?

RedJohn
11-10-2011, 10:53 PM
RJ do you know if it's available for any of the other phone platforms?

Only iPhone right now. Android to come. They have a space where to put your email to be advised.

bacpacker
11-10-2011, 11:54 PM
Very cool RJ. I'll get on their notification list. Thanks for the info.

RedJohn
11-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Very cool RJ. I'll get on their notification list. Thanks for the info.

This is not an endorsement though. I have not tried the apps and know nothing about its real abilities.

bacpacker
11-11-2011, 09:26 AM
I already have app alled pantry. I,m not crazy about it. If this one allows you to work with the bar codes, it will be a time saver.

ravensgrove
11-17-2011, 01:43 AM
Do they have it for the Ipad....

RedJohn
11-17-2011, 10:44 PM
Do they have it for the Ipad....

It looks like now it is only for the iPhone with Android phones coming soon. If they do it for iPad, it can only be for the iPad2 because of the scanner option that requires the camera.

GunnerMax
11-27-2011, 03:39 AM
Nifty idea

Sniper-T
11-30-2011, 02:12 PM
I've got an ipod on my xmas list... will it work on that?

RedJohn
12-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Prep & Pantry for the iPhone® and iPod® touch. Prep & Pantry's barcode scanning feature is optimized to work with iPhone 3GS, 4, and 4S. GPS location lookup works best with iPhone 3GS, 4, and 4S.

I think there are no cameras so the scan will not work.