PDA

View Full Version : Got milk?

Evolver
11-20-2011, 01:01 PM
I did a quick search on this site and I didn't see anything on this topic so...

What powdered milk have you found that you like or dislike?

I'll go first. Justa and I are both milk drinkers and enjoy a glass a couple times a day so when we first started gathering our preps we were on a mission to find a powered milk that both of us liked. We were planning on buying allot of all at once to take advantage of the saving that you get when you buy in bulk and wanted to be 100% sure of our decision.

We ended up testing six different brands and the one we ended up getting is Grandmas Country, Country Cream® Instant 100% REAL Non-Fat Milk. Grandma's Country Foods - Catalog (http://www.grandmascountryfoods.com/catalog/index.html?CategoryId=8&ProductId=1062)

While getting the link to they're site I noticed that don't have the 6gal pails anymore and only offer it in #10 cans and sample packets.

We are fat free milk drinkers so we mix as per label, if your a 2% drinker just bump up the amount of powder.

It does taste like milk not like some others. :)

*We are not tied in with Grandmas Country in any way, shape or form just shearing what we have found.

ravensgrove
11-20-2011, 05:07 PM
Clueless, we got goats for that ;)

Evolver
11-20-2011, 05:14 PM
:mad: :p:p

Sniper-T
11-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I haven't found a local one that I like yet, some are ok, some suck hard.

I still have a few brands to try, otherwise I'll order some of that one.

TroubleShooter
11-21-2011, 01:08 AM
Only one of my 5 children can tell the difference .......I use Meijer's powdered milk ....

realist
11-21-2011, 02:55 AM
Provident Pantry is suppose to have some very good powdered milk. They also sell it in a smaller can than the number 10. I'm going to get some and try it out before I stock pile a bunch of it.

Evolver
11-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Moo's Milk has allot of good reviews but to us it tasted just like Carnations instant... not too good! Well I should say... it tastes like powdered milk.