PDA

View Full Version : Water won't prevent dehydration.... HUH?

ak474u
11-21-2011, 05:19 AM
I guess we all live in Bizarro world now, check out the article linked below. We'll be seeing more of this here unfortunately.

Business Leaders Will Reportedly Face Jail Time For Claiming Water Prevents Dehydration | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/20/business-leaders-will-reportedly-face-jail-time-for-claiming-water-prevents/?intcmp=trending)

Bottled water manufacturers will not be allowed to make the claim that water can prevent dehydration, when a new law goes into effect in the UK next month.

The edict, the Daily Telegraph reports, follows a three-year investigation. European Union officials now conclude there is no evidence to prove the previously undisputed fact.

Producers of bottled water face a two-year jail sentence if they break the law, a move that prompted one British lawmaker to say, “This is stupidity writ large.”

“The euro is burning, the EU is falling apart and yet here they are: highly-paid, highly-pensioned officials worrying about the obvious qualities of water and trying to deny us the right to say what is patently true,” Roger Helmer said.

“If ever there were an episode which demonstrates the folly of the great European project then this is it.”

NHS health guidelines state clearly that drinking water helps avoid dehydration, and that Britons should drink at least 1.2 liters per day, or nearly half a gallon.

The Department for Health disputed the wisdom of the new law. A spokesman said: “Of course water hydrates. While we support the EU in preventing false claims about products, we need to exercise common sense as far as possible."

Read more: Business Leaders Will Reportedly Face Jail Time For Claiming Water Prevents Dehydration | Fox News (http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/11/20/business-leaders-will-reportedly-face-jail-time-for-claiming-water-prevents/?intcmp=trending#ixzz1eJmhIybu)

bacpacker
11-21-2011, 12:39 PM
More stuipd politicians tricks

LUNCHBOX
11-21-2011, 12:52 PM
I knew I didn't like water....and now its not even worth drinking. That's just another reason I don't talk politics.

realist
11-21-2011, 02:19 PM
Those people are true retards.

All the more reason to drink whiskey.............

izzyscout21
11-21-2011, 07:42 PM
I guess I'll have to wash down my Motrin with Bourbon now..........

TEOTWAWKI13
11-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Grumpy Old Man
11-22-2011, 06:42 PM
All the more reason to drink whiskey.............

Not to mention the fact that fish do unspeakably foul things in water.

izzyscout21
11-22-2011, 07:10 PM
In all seriousness......what a load of hogwash!

Twitchy
11-22-2011, 08:43 PM
I love this damn site :D

I vouch the Whiskey tango Foxtrot moment.... this is a traditional case of being dropped on his/her head as a child... and held underwater a bit to make sure any semblance of normalcy was destroyed with their last brain cell...