PDA

View Full Version : Field Expedient Butterflt sutures

izzyscout21
11-24-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTMx3N7k3bQ&feature=player_embedded

mitunnelrat
11-25-2011, 12:14 AM
That just reminded me of my time in Korea!

I made and used these there, and they are effective. Several of the guy's in my squad got into a fist fight on a Friday night (within our own company, the assholes), and in the process one got his eyebrow split open. He explained how to make the sutures as he was keeping pressure on the cut, and in little time we had the bleeding stopped and his wound pretty well closed up. That incident also saw me mopping the blood from several guys off the hallway floor. Don't think I'll ever forget that.

izzyscout21
11-25-2011, 03:09 AM
I remember those days. All infantry is good for in peacetime is getting super drunk and fighting each other. We used these on more than one occassion

Sniper-T
11-25-2011, 03:26 PM
I've made them as well, but in a different manner, and a lot quicker and easier than this...

If you take your tape strip, and twist it in the middle nice and tight for one full revolution you end up with what looks like a knot in the middle that goes over the cut and the two end tabs to stick down. In the field I've used duct tape, and electrical tape. works really well, and can be made without a razor or scissors.