PDA

View Full Version : Jericho

GunnerMax
11-27-2011, 04:39 PM
I hope some of you remember the TV series "Jericho"." Well the wife and I loved it when it came out, but it died. Check out IMDB and Wikipedia for an overview of it.

How do you think it relates to situations that would happen after SHTF? I found it very eye-opening.

The Stig
11-27-2011, 07:53 PM
I loved Jericho. Hawkins was badass! My character Miller from my stories is actually based, in part, on Hawkins.

While the plot was contrived and a bit far-fetched, I think what it exemplified well is how people would respond to a crisis situation.

Some are going to pull a power-play, some will melt down and turn to drugs for solace, some will rise to the occasion, some will become very good followers while others become good leaders. People you expected to rise to the top will turn out to be shitbags, while people you never expected will turn out to be rock-solid. Some will band together, others will try to go it alone. Some groups will attack those around them while others will roll over and be subjugated. A few will try to make the best of it and resume life as normal, others will refuse to believe life will never be the same.

For me, that was the "takeaway" from the show.

The Stig
11-27-2011, 07:55 PM
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/radiofreejericho/Hawkins/hawkins1.jpg

http://images.buddytv.com/articles/Image/Jericho/casus-belli-hawkins.jpg

Exhibits A and B of why Hawkins was total badass.

ravensgrove
11-27-2011, 08:09 PM
I liked Jericho as well. Netflix has the entire series.

Stg1swret
11-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Loved the show, hated to see it end. While it was entertainment, it did give a glimpse into how various people would react. Found it much more plausible then some of the current genre of SHTF shows and movies.

Twitchy
11-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Was one of my favorite shows when it was out... I own the series on DVD... I also vote Hawkins was bad ass!!

Dropy
11-27-2011, 10:35 PM
Jericho was awesomesauce!

GunnerMax
11-28-2011, 12:05 AM
holy shit, jericho is on Netflix? good thing I have netflix :)

RedJohn
11-28-2011, 11:50 AM
Now, that a perfect show. I enjoyed every minutes of it. I played the Ravenwood role so many times in other countries. This time, I would enjoy playing on the other side.