PDA

View Full Version : Colloidal Silver

Sniper-T
12-02-2011, 02:51 PM
I didn't see anything about this on the board... has anyone thought about it??

In lieu of the current discussions about antibiotics, fish versions, and longevity of stocks... does anyone have provisions to make this if SHTF?

from my archives... and originally somewhere else:

Colloidal Silver is an all natural antibiotic that is affective against 650
different kinds of bacteria, and VIRUSES. It can be taken internally, used
topically, put in your eyes, ears, or sprayed up your nose. I've even heard
of people injecting it in their veins, (I personally, would have to be very
sick before I would even consider anything like that).
I have found it very affective against, local infections, sinus infections,
ear aches, colds, flu, and even peritonitis. I personally know someone who
cured Scabies by using Colloidal Silver (topically), and after three days,
all the sores were replaced with new pink skin.
Colloidal Silver is sold in health food stores for between &20.00, and
$25.00 per four oz. bottle. It can be made at home, or in the field for
pennies per gallon. The materials needed are:

2- 5 inch pieces of 14ga. wire.
3 nine volt transistor batteries
distilled water, (water from a solar still is perfect)
saline solution (see instructions below)
1-4oz. bottle w/ eyedropper.(ask your pharmacist)

The first step is to make your saline solution. Start by pouring four oz.
of distilled water in a glass container, add 1/4 teaspoon of non-iodized
sea-salt (canning salt works, but make sure it isn't iodized), stir until
dissolved.

Pour 8oz. of distilled water into a glass container. (don't use any other
metals in any part of any process in making Colloidal Silver).

Place two 9V batteries side by side so that you have two opposing terminals
next to each other, and plug the third battery on top to connect all three
batteries in series.
The two remaining terminals should be of opposite polarity.

Wrap the silver wire around the two remaining terminals, using just enough
wire to make a 1/2 turn around the terminal. You should have about 4 3/4"
of silver wire extending to the front of the batteries. Make sure both
wires are pointing in the same direction.

You should be able to place the batteries across the glass container, with
the wires extending into the water, (make sure the wires don't touch one
another, if they do the process stops).

Using an eyedropper, place a drop or two into the water. You should begin
to see a gray cloud coming from one of the wires, and bubbles coming from
the other. You are now making Colloidal Silver. Let the process run for
several minutes, (each minute produces 1 part per million). The stuff you
buy in the store is usually 5ppm.

Put a few drops of Colloidal Silver in the bottle you have for your saline
solution, it will keep things from growing in it.

After you have made your silver, you will notice that the wires are colored
black. To clean them, allow them to dry, then with a nylon scouring pad,
lightly scrub off the black stuff, and wipe them off with a paper towel.

Take your Colloidal Silver, as soon as you have symptoms of any illness.
It's most effective when taken early. The FDA says "there is no toxic
dosage for Colloidal Silver". Manufacturers recommend that you take a
tablespoon every day, but I believe you should let your immune system do
it's job. If you don't use it, you'll loose it! Besides, I believe the
manufacturers have an interest in getting you to buy more.

Keep your Colloidal Silver in a cool dark place, (not the refrigerator).
Silver is used in photographic film, and is light sensitive.

Use it in good health!

bacpacker
12-03-2011, 01:32 AM
I've heard about, but never used it. Sounds like that's something worth doing.

ladyhk13
12-03-2011, 04:57 AM
My DH and I were just talking about this yesterday and I told him we needed to get some for our supplies. Stuff is great. Nice to see that there is a home made recipe however I would have my DH make it. I'm not a mechanical person at all.

izzyscout21
12-04-2011, 04:37 AM
ive read about this stuff befoer. I need to get some

Daybreak
01-08-2012, 02:50 PM
I've got ( 2) 8 ounce bottles in my FAK. Need to get some more. $14.95 at Emergency Essentials.

ASAP™ Colloidal Silver Solution 8 oz. (http://beprepared.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_WP%20S800_A_name_E_ASAP™%20Silv er%20Solution%208%20oz)

realist
01-09-2012, 02:14 AM
Sniper I was not sure about this stuff. Then I was given Silvasorb gel, that contains silver, by a wound nurse for an infection. I am sold by this stuff. As for Colloidal Silver I have not used it but the more I read the more I like it. I guess I am just old fashion and would like more proof since I have not seen it myself.

Thanks for posting the recipe. Under the materials needed you have 14ga wire, I think you meant silver wire. It's in the instructions. That said where do you normally get 14 gauge silver wire? Does anyone know how to tell if you have the proper concentration? Is there some sort of test to tell? I know to keep it in the dark however is there a shelf life?

Sniper-T
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
Not sure about the shelf life, but know people that keep it for a month or more. It isn't something that you'd mix up by the huge batch for the pantry, more like a smaller batch for when you need it.

The 14 Ga is a recommendation based on the voltage requirements, anything less than that would probably burn through too quickly. And yes... it does need to be silver wire.

Silver wire can be found at a variety of places such as Jewelery shops, Jewelery supply companies, etc. Quick Google:
Silver Wire | Sterling Silver Wire (http://www.jewelrysupply.com/wire_chain_metal/wholesale_sterling_silver.html)
Wire - Sterling Silver ~ Metals ~ Jewellers tools, silver, stones and jewellery supplies at WorkingSilver.com (http://www.workingsilver.com/index.php?cPath=62_68)

This type of wire tends to be thinner than required, although simply by twisting several strands together, tightly, you can get past that.

Other places are welding supply shops. In the form of Silver Solder, which can be a lot thicker, but check your %ages as some solder can be as low as 65%.

Here is a link to a decent site on making colloidal, including a couple links for supplies:
Troubled Times: Silver Wire (http://www.zetatalk.com/teams/silver/silver02.htm)

Grumpy Old Man
01-09-2012, 05:04 PM
here is a link that gives several ways to make a CS generator.

Make Your Own Colloidal Silver Generator (http://www.quantumbalancing.com/makeyourowncs.htm)

TroubleShooter
01-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Several months back , I researched this and then filed it in "projects to be ."
My thoughts from the info I gathered from internet......There are stories of placing silver dollars in milk to prevent spoiling, The saying "Born with silver spoon in mouth" referenced the wealthy ate from silver plates and with silverware, the daily ingestion of silver particles from this practice helped them maintain a healthly life. We know the burn centers have never quit under silver cremes to prevent infections in major burn victims and the practice of wiping a newborns eyes with a silver solution was common to prevent a STD...Now the military has started using a bandage which contain some form of silver.....Then now we have OTC cremes with a form of silver....We also now know the drug companies lobbied the governments to make naturally occuring coke , grass , and opium a drug of abuse to further the selling of their manmade drugs........The FDA drug companies fights any natural form of medicine that can be grow or produced by the public at large....

Silver nitrate can be bought online and stored to put on bandages to prevent infections,. So my question is why even mess with Colloidal silver, when silver nitrate can be bought in known % and the possibilty of the mere act of just keeping a small silver coin or nugget in your mouth while gardening or performing light activities will have the same effect possibilty.....

One reason I keep silver is not for the $$ value , but because of the possibility of it's use as a medicine..........I would like to think when and if, I should die of an infection or disease, I had exhausted all possible options..........

Just my thoughts.................

Sniper-T
01-10-2012, 01:52 AM
^
Interesting points... but, lets look at that at a post SHTF scenario that we're prepping for...

Where do you plan on buying your silver nitrate from 6 months into an event?

will you need/want a method of making the same type thing yourself?

Is it a bad thing to know how to make this?

and lastly, forgiving the mainstream anti-'s against it... do you really see this as a bad thing to know?

I personally have been treated with this for major burns, and for major trauma (abrasions). I PERSONALLY feel that this is a good thing, and thus my sharing here. IF you have contrary information, besides the mainstream blah blah blah... I would certainly entertain it.

Please elaborate!

TroubleShooter
01-10-2012, 11:16 PM
^
Interesting points... but, lets look at that at a post SHTF scenario that we're prepping for...

Where do you plan on buying your silver nitrate from 6 months into an event?

will you need/want a method of making the same type thing yourself?

Is it a bad thing to know how to make this?

and lastly, forgiving the mainstream anti-'s against it... do you really see this as a bad thing to know?

I personally have been treated with this for major burns, and for major trauma (abrasions). I PERSONALLY feel that this is a good thing, and thus my sharing here. IF you have contrary information, besides the mainstream blah blah blah... I would certainly entertain it.

Please elaborate!

As far as I know, no one has any evidence to disprove or approve the use of CS for infections, I am still studying the type of silver forumla they are using in the FDA approved solutions...I can see where CS could be a possible player, but I need to understand the how and why... I deal with electrolysis destroying engines regularly, so the process is not unique but is quite common given the right conditions. I am thinking the human body is capable of electrolysis, which would support the "Silver Spoon Theory" but yet does not support the "spoiled milk Theory".....or the "Keeping water fresh theory"
One thing all theories have in common is ........Silver is somehow dissolved..But yet none of them involved totally destroying the silver metal...Which the making of CS does. .......Silver nitrate is diluted to .5% for application to external wounds...

In most all readings you will find they refer to this......

•The Greeks used silver vessels to keep water and other liquids fresh. The writings of Herodotus, the Greek philosopher and historian, date the use of silver to before the birth of Christ.
•The Roman Empire stored wine in silver urns to prevent spoilage.
•The use of silver is mentioned in ancient Egyptian writings.
•In the Middle Ages, silverware protected the wealthy from the full brunt of the plague.
•Before the advent of modern germicides and antibiotics, it was known that disease-causing pathogens could not survive in the presence of silver. Consequently, silver was used in dishware, drinking vessels and eating utensils.
•In particular, the wealthy stored and ate their food from silver vessels to keep bacteria from growing.
•The Chinese emperors and their courts ate with silver chopsticks.
•The Druids have left evidence of their use of silver.
•Settlers in the Australian outback suspend silverware in their water tanks to retard spoilage.
•Pioneers trekking across the American West found that if they placed silver or copper coins in their casks of drinking water, it kept the water safe from bacteria, algae, etc.
•All along the frontier, silver dollars were put in milk to keep it fresh. Some of us remember our grandparents doing the same.
•Silver leaf was used to combat infection in wounds sustained by troops during World War I.
•Prior to the introduction of antibiotics, Colloidal Silver was used widely in hospitals and has been known as a bactericide for at least 1200 years.
•In the early 1800s, doctors used silver sutures in surgical wounds with very successful results.
•In Ayurvedic medicine, silver is used in small amounts as a tonic, elixir or rejuvenative agent for patients debilitated by age or disease.

So in short...............My question is why, must we use a process to make CS , when most all evidence which most CS suppliers base their product on , does not support the very process. If a silver coin in a tub of water , milk or the use of pure silverware was enough then why is it not enough now......

From my readings I can also put forth a theory.............Placing a silvercoin in a tub of water and consuming the water will protect me, if the silvercoin in the water or milk is enough to prevent spoilage, then would it not also be enough to prevent bacteria in my system.....

Just some of my thoughts...........

Sniper-T
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
^
Interesting points... and thoughts!

Thank you for taking the time to back your initial statements!

I will take some time, and review your post, before I refute, dispute, or back your claims, but being a student of history, I am familiar enough to know offhand that most of the 'facts' that you claimed are 100% true, without research. My only question would be that if the ancients (Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, etc; knew about making CS, and had the means, would they? Is CS the next evolution, the next step, that they didn't have the ability to achieve?

If you look into recent history, you'll see that CS was first touted in a serious way by the holistic practicioners in the 80's. and there was a SERIOUS 'slander' campaign raised by the 'true' medical field to discredit it.

IMO: if placing things I drink into silver, or placing silver into things I drink... IS a good thing... Then I still do not see how disolving silver into a drink, is Bad.

To answer your question... let me ask you one: Willow bark was used as an analgesic for milenia prior to our technilogical advancement. It worked, it was effective, and it was readily available.... why then did they refine it into acetycylic acid (aspirin)? Why do they prescribe aspirin to so many, when they could just recommend drinking willow bark tea?

Thanks again for the thought provoking post!

TroubleShooter
02-04-2012, 09:23 PM
^
Interesting points... and thoughts!

Thank you for taking the time to back your initial statements!

I will take some time, and review your post, before I refute, dispute, or back your claims, but being a student of history, I am familiar enough to know offhand that most of the 'facts' that you claimed are 100% true, without research. My only question would be that if the ancients (Romans, Greeks, Egyptians, etc; knew about making CS, and had the means, would they? Is CS the next evolution, the next step, that they didn't have the ability to achieve?

If you look into recent history, you'll see that CS was first touted in a serious way by the holistic practicioners in the 80's. and there was a SERIOUS 'slander' campaign raised by the 'true' medical field to discredit it.

IMO: if placing things I drink into silver, or placing silver into things I drink... IS a good thing... Then I still do not see how disolving silver into a drink, is Bad.

To answer your question... let me ask you one: Willow bark was used as an analgesic for milenia prior to our technilogical advancement. It worked, it was effective, and it was readily available.... why then did they refine it into acetycylic acid (aspirin)? Why do they prescribe aspirin to so many, when they could just recommend drinking willow bark tea?

Thanks again for the thought provoking post!

why then did they refine it into acetycylic acid (aspirin)? Why do they prescribe aspirin to so many, when they could just recommend drinking willow bark tea?

A natural remedy does not line the pockets of big business, they rely on making the item easy to use, consistent and accessible for profit. Just like Mcdonalds and other fastfood companies do to the food supply, once enough becomes lazy and dependent they rake in profits ...

Sniper-T
12-04-2013, 12:44 AM
necro bump for the newbies, based on Grumpies mention of it in the antibiotic thread.

has anyone made it, found any new sources, or come up with anything else to add?

I picked up some wire from a jeweler friend. it's like silver soldier, but about 12 gauge... and .999 pure. They use it for repairing other jewellery.

and then I put it away and forgot completely about it. but then again, I don't think I've been sick since then either.

ladyhk13
12-04-2013, 03:23 AM
Well please get sick so you can try it out for us ;)

Sniper-T
12-04-2013, 09:34 PM
yes'm!

Grumpy Old Man
12-05-2013, 01:41 AM
The best ionic silver generator

http://www.elixa.com/silver/Silvonic.htm

Stormfeather
12-05-2013, 02:17 AM
My grandfather used to take CS for as long as I can remember, something about to do with a old fashioned remedy or something like that. After doing some research on it, Theres plenty of "old wives tales" about how good it is for you, but no real stories about benefits of Colloidal Silver. One website even lists from A to Z all of the things it cures. . .

Colloidal Silver has been used for CENTURIES (dating back to the Ancient Greeks for use as a preservative, and to the 9th century for use as a medicine). Both a natural antibiotic and purifier, colloidal silver has been used successfully treat, or alleviate the symptoms of more than 650 different diseases, including, but certainly not limited to:

Acne, AIDS, allergies, appendicitis, arthritis, athlete’s foot
Bladder inflammation, blood parasites, blood poisoning, boils, burns
Cancer, candida, cholera, colitis, conjunctivitis, cystitis
Dermatitis, diabetes, dysentery
Eczema
Fibrositis
Gastritis, gonorrhea
Hay fever, herpes
Impetigo, indigestion
Keratitis
Leprosy, leukemia, lupus, lymphangitis, Lyme disease
Malaria, meningitis
Neurasthenia
Opthalmia
Parasitic infections: viral, fungal and bacterial
pneumonia, pleurisy, prostate, pruritus ani, psoriasis, purulent
Rhinitis, rheumatism, ringworm
Scarlet fever, septic conditions of the eyes, ears, mouth, and throat
seborrhea, septicemia, shingles, skin cancer, staphylococcus and streptococcus infections, stomach flu, syphilis
Thyroid, tuberculosis, tonsillitis, toxemia, trachoma
Ulcers of the stomach
All forms of Virus, veterinary uses (such as canine parovirus)
Warts, whooping cough
Yeast infection
and even….get this….fungal and viral attacks on PLANTS.

The problem I have with this, is some of this stuff is known to have no known cure. . . but no all of a sudden colloidal silver is curing it? Dont you think there would be a huge write up about this? ground breaking news? front page story?

After checking into it deeper and talking to a few medical professionals, they couldnt give me any good benefits for it either, and one even pointed out a story about a guy who turned blue after taking it for a few years. Although this has been speculated that it was pharmaceutical companies who were behind the story of his death in regards to colloidal silver. http://www.purestcolloids.com/blue-man.php Apparently this guy was making his own colloidal silver variant and overdosing on it.

One of the docs even emailed me a link in regards to it. Mayo Clinic even warns against it.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/colloidal-silver/AN01682

excessive doses of colloidal silver can cause possibly irreversible serious health problems, including kidney damage and neurological problems such as seizures. Colloidal silver products may also interact with medications, including penicillamine, quinolone, tetracycline and thyroxine medications.

So while both sides of the fence seems to have its own version of how good or bad it is, myself personally, I think Im ok without it. I have a pretty good immune system, I have worked on building it up over the past few years by doing all sorts of what could be considered dumb ass moves. (drinking water from streams that had Giardia for example, gotten sick, healed up, went back and drank more, got sick again, healed up, went back, drank more, didnt get as sick, ect ect, til now I never got sick. ) As mentioned in a different thread, Ive pretty much eaten stuff that will make a billygoat puke, and I still do it to this day. Overall, I think I have a pretty good developed immune system, so I dont see a need to add colloidal silver to it.

LUNCHBOX
12-05-2013, 04:00 AM
^^^^l like Snipers post/info....then again, l like that Troubleshooter just gave some more options. When l get the chance l will copy and place the instructions in my "Big Book" for future reference. I liked the thought of a coin under the tongue...l remember something about a penny giving you a fever...makes one wonder.