Thread: Cryptocurrency.

may be in trouble

Cryptocurrency.

Well, with the radio I was gonna use for Field Day blown, I decided to not waste the days off and ewwwed my way into cryptocurrency. Bought 2 troy ounces of silver thru Provident Metals, and the equivalent dollar value of both Bitcoin and Litecoin, through the good offices of Coinbase.

My experiment goes through until July 28, at which time I will render the second and third best of these investments into the first, and have done.

Note: The security of CoinBase is such, that you'll need a cheapass burner cellphone capable of displaying text to get past it. Additionally, if you wish to use a 'wallet' NOT plugged into Coinbase, they are out there, but designed for newer machines and devices. They don't like my 32 bit machine, none. And have a seperate email account someplace reliable ( that is, that isn't prone to foulups, as I regretfully found out centurylink's is ) for traffic and resets.

If folks want to see the 0900PDT updates that I post on buillonstacker.com appear here, let me know.

It must be said that I am at best suspicious over crypto, as they promise too much, and if the Net goes down, so do they. And they smell too much like the first step in a TOTAL e-money driven economy.

my 30 milligrams of silver...

Kesephist

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

If you can't hold it in your hand, it doesn't exist when it comes to money.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

For the Love of Cats

interesting to know if anyone has experience with these? I get ads on my phone to buy crypto and bitcoins daily, but have never

Kesephist... any updates?

Anyone else?
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    interesting to know if anyone has experience with these? I get ads on my phone to buy crypto and bitcoins daily, but have never

Kesephist... any updates?

Anyone else?
    I have Coinbase as well and hold some cryptocurrency. Coinbase has a lot of learning tools for newbies and if you take some quizzes, they will reward you with crypto you can easily convert into Bitcoin or another mainstream crypto like Ethereum. I don't put all of my eggs in this basket and have only thrown $20 at it. The $20 is now $40 give or take the market fluctuation. Not much but when you consider what you can get from a bank's pitiful interest rate, I'm on top.
    I don’t have “hobbies” I’m developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I've so far avoided cryptocurrencies, not exchanging real money for money that only exists in an electronic world, so I have no experience with it

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by 2die4 View Post
    I have Coinbase as well and hold some cryptocurrency. Coinbase has a lot of learning tools for newbies and if you take some quizzes, they will reward you with crypto you can easily convert into Bitcoin or another mainstream crypto like Ethereum. I don't put all of my eggs in this basket and have only thrown $20 at it. The $20 is now $40 give or take the market fluctuation. Not much but when you consider what you can get from a bank's pitiful interest rate, I'm on top.
    Hmm, I'm still skeptical, but am happy it's working for you. Need more research!
    Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.