Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

respects from TURKEY.

I'll most likely shit myself

Welcome Python. Enjoy your stay.

new here from central NC pretty much into anything hunting, fishing, camping, canning and survival

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Welcome to the forum Python and Infamous, glad to have you folks on board!

Hero, the best I can give as far as advice, is its better to have a gun and ammo you are familiar and competent with, than to be dreaming about the gun you wish you had. If all you can get is a shotgun, then buy one, and become proficient with it. Theres so many different loads available when it comes to a shotgun, that they more than make up for the distance shortcomings or a rifle or the concealability of a pistol. In addition, there are inserts available for shotguns, than you can run rifle ammunition thru it, so maybe that may be a backup plan for you ?

As a side note, its nice to see we are becoming truly international!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

looking at their tools while posting pictures of mine.
    about 20 minutes outside Lynchburg, TN...but which way...
    Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Welcome to the Colony Hero. Like Stormy said, I too look forward to seeing the perspective of folks from outside of Canada/US to see differences and similarities. Enjoy your stay.
    Welcome to the site everyone. Someone else had already mentioned all the great knowledge collected through everyone here. If you cant find the information you seek, it probably doesn't exist.
    And backpacker, I like to think of our northern neighbors as our own kin...and our 51 state. Lol

Hi all, I just joined this morning. Of course, it was later than I realized and I had to prepare for my luncheon. I had a friend coming over with her three kids and two of their cousins for a foraged feast - we had taken them out collecting wood sorrel and sumac. We had wood sorrel soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made with dandelion jelly I made this Spring, and Sumac-lemonade. And while I do some. canning, gardening, and basic foraging for food. We keep food put up - though I know it's hard to really say what is enough of anything when trying to prepared. Mostly, we keep learning and experimenting and try to make steady, even if at times painfully slow progress.

Auntie, Sounds like you had a productive and tasty day.

Welcome to the colony. Pull you up a log by the fire and join in the fun.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by That Auntie View Post
    Hi all, I just joined this morning. Of course, it was later than I realized and I had to prepare for my luncheon. I had a friend coming over with her three kids and two of their cousins for a foraged feast - we had taken them out collecting wood sorrel and sumac. We had wood sorrel soup, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches made with dandelion jelly I made this Spring, and Sumac-lemonade. And while I do some. canning, gardening, and basic foraging for food. We keep food put up - though I know it's hard to really say what is enough of anything when trying to prepared. Mostly, we keep learning and experimenting and try to make steady, even if at times painfully slow progress.
    Sounds like you are going to fit right in here. Welcome to the colony and I hope you feel free to join our Ladies Forum and get to know the wonderful ladies we have.
    I apologize for nothing...

Hello from Idaho! I'm a fairly well-established prepper, but I love to learn from others. I'm looking to see what knowledge I need, so that I can bolster those areas of prepping. Food storage is an example, as is fuel storage.

I will say that I'm more than a bit worried about the future, particularly when I see inflation of food prices here at home, and the Middle-East instability abroad.

But, I do have my faith and a great wife!

Welcome to the forum GW. Glad you decided to say hello. I look forward to hearing your ideas on things. I also share your concerns, along with others.