Page 2 of 94 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The source of all known trouble in the universe

Welcome all. Don't forget to invite your serious prepping friends.

Has been known to look at Izzy's trunk. Stares at the junk in Izzy's trunk. Get it...he's checking out Izzy's trunk.

Hello all, i also came from another site...cough, cough. LUNCHBOX, whom i work with and prep with told me about this new site and i jumped in with both feet. My interests include anything outdoors, anything that goes boom, and of course prepping.

The site looks great and i look forward to meeting and sharing ideas with everyone.

Premium Member

Hello guys: Displaced Maine-iac here, now living in S.Florida. Ex- Military now retired.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Welcome to you. Premium and Tag on the way.

Premium Member

just got on board the board. howdy hey!

Premium Member

Newbie with a lot going on

Thanx for creating and running SHTFR (SHTF Ready). Have finally to give it a shot after registering awhile back.

My name is Jessica A. Still live with my parents and have an fraternal twin sister as well. Live in Metro New York on New Jersey side of it USA. Born with a Neurologically based speech impairment/apraxia-dysarthria. Suffering from depression/anxiety for awhile now. Yet to reach this stage of life and etc. I'm an student of life and clerical volunteer.

History, suggestions, questions

Please feel free do an external search on me (mybodymyself, jessica b, jessicaabruno) to see the rest of my past work that I did on other site and forums. Don’t worry have since left all of those forums for this one.

What the heck has happen to another sites and forums? As for me have been on lot of them, but somehow never felt quite right on any of them. Hoping that I will feel home here and stay for good.

This is from a vBulletin that I received from another forum that I just received from another board that I left when I found here. Well, there a few more that I also left as well.
    vBulletin Message:

You have been banned for the following reason:
    Spamming advertisement and other useless crap
    Date the ban will be lifted: Never
    Heres my response and which I sent via email.

I'm no longer be on because I wasn't what I was looking for. Its nothing against you or the content, but the paid subscriptions and etc. Much rather be on free access forums then paid ones. At the same time have removed all of my info from my profile and etc. That includes facebook and etc. Now, I'm on other forums that I'm really feel at home.

Have also freed from all of the other forums that I used belong to and removed all of my personal info them as well. Found why continue with those when I have SHTFR for everything and etc. This also goes for paid subscriptions as well.

This isn't the first time that I have wondered about this.

Do you think its right for forums and etc to have paid subscriptions and why?

As for me I was never that crazy about paid subscriptions. Especially, when it turned out that it wasn't right (their end or my end or neither end). I no longer use paypal because had bad experiences using it.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Jessica, I cannot speak for the owners or the mods, but as far as I am concerned, you are welcome here. Just follow the guidelines and it will be all good. just follow the rules.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I got an email from RedJohn a few days back, and finally got around to checking this place out a bit.
    I see a bunch of folks I know here, some I haven't talked to in awhile.
    Used to be on another site, but don't go there much anymore.
    Don't know how often I'll get here, busy on a couple sites already. I use the same username pretty much everywhere.
    I gunsmith for a living, and work at a dual business. One is a regular FFL, where I do everyday gun work, and the other is an 07/SOT manufacturer, where I do more interesting things.
    Was a machinist for over 20yrs, did some other things in between. Started studying and practicing gunsmithing when I was 16 or so, been working on other folks guns for close to 20yrs, off and on in the beginning, increasing over time.
    Been prepping since the mid 80s, some times more than others.
    I do believe we are headed for bad times, and the prepared will do much better than the non-prepared.

Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfixr View Post
    I got an email from RedJohn a few days back, and finally got around to checking this place out a bit.
    I see a bunch of folks I know here, some I haven't talked to in awhile.
    Used to be on another site, but don't go there much anymore.
    Don't know how often I'll get here, busy on a couple sites already. I use the same username pretty much everywhere.
    I gunsmith for a living, and work at a dual business. One is a regular FFL, where I do everyday gun work, and the other is an 07/SOT manufacturer, where I do more interesting things.
    Was a machinist for over 20yrs, did some other things in between. Started studying and practicing gunsmithing when I was 16 or so, been working on other folks guns for close to 20yrs, off and on in the beginning, increasing over time.
    Been prepping since the mid 80s, some times more than others.
    I do believe we are headed for bad times, and the prepared will do much better than the non-prepared.
    I can't begin to tell you how good it is to see you here old brother!
    It's only a wuss caliber until I shoot you with it!

Oops,this should have been my first reply. I've lurked here for a while, I don't post alot but I like to read and learn.

What brings me to these types of forums is that even though we all count on each other in everyday life, that can change.