Page 73 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Quote Originally Posted by ElevenBravo View Post
    Welcome to the forum DG. Your presence stirs interest in sign language, Ive been thinking about it for a while.

Do you know of any good free programs to self teach sign language??

Hope you enjoy your stay!
    EB
    Thank you for the welcome. :-)

Unfortunately I'm a bit of a mutt when it come to my signing skill since I've moved all over during my childhood. I'm not confident in pointing out any good program for learning sign languages.

The only suggestion I can give you is to find the local deaf group. Many of the bigger cities around the country have regular social meeting for the deaf. Sign language is so dynamic with body language that just learning it from a video or site only teaches half of what you need.

Walking on Sunshine

Haven't stopped by in awhile but welcome to all new ants. The people here are wonderful and supportive. Do not be afraid to ask questions'cause everybody here has been great.

Where's the epi?

Welcome all new Ants! Come on in and stay a while.
    I apologize for nothing...

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    I missed this before on tapatalk4. Switched back to 3 so I guess it's time I introduce myself.

Long time forum user on gun forums. New prepper. Life threw a curveball and my girlfriend is pregnant so now I'm prepping for three. ......er. .......two and a half. But, Im in the process of buying my first house, so that should make life easier.

Big on guns and shooting sports. New reloader.

And I guess the bread and butter of my knowledge and paycheck is a full time EMT for the last two years in a busy system. Paramedic student with 4 months left of class.

Just to throw a stick in the wheel of prepping, my long term goal is to be a flight medic. ........... haven't quite figured out a get home bag for that one yet.

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Quote Originally Posted by ditchmedic View Post
    I missed this before on tapatalk4. Switched back to 3 so I guess it's time I introduce myself.

Long time forum user on gun forums. New prepper. Life threw a curveball and my girlfriend is pregnant so now I'm prepping for three. ......er. .......two and a half. But, Im in the process of buying my first house, so that should make life easier.

Big on guns and shooting sports. New reloader.

And I guess the bread and butter of my knowledge and paycheck is a full time EMT for the last two years in a busy system. Paramedic student with 4 months left of class.

Just to throw a stick in the wheel of prepping, my long term goal is to be a flight medic. ........... haven't quite figured out a get home bag for that one yet.
    Heck man, just toss in some supplies into your Aid Bag..., thats what alot of emt's that I know do. Granted, makes for a heavier load, but its not like you are humping it anywhere unless crap actually does hit the fan!
    RELIGION IS LIKE A PENIS
    Its fine to have one,
    Its fine to be proud of it,
    But please dont whip it out in public and start waving it around,
    And PLEASE dont try to force it down my children's throats.

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Yes, its short. No, its not his attention span.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Heck man, just toss in some supplies into your Aid Bag..., thats what alot of emt's that I know do. Granted, makes for a heavier load, but its not like you are humping it anywhere unless crap actually does hit the fan!
    I was thinking more about an inflatable raft so I could Indiana Jones my way out of a helicopter crash

Bacon saver

Wholly Moley.......guess you better learn how to start swimmin to I reckon. Welcome abaord! I was "detained elsewhere" Use your gut man you're an EMT. Cover your first aid and then take a look around here(site) for all the candy you want. This place is full-a "gear whores" and advice givers, most of all......experience. I'm sure one of us has broken what ever you're thinkin about buying. Before you go spending your money we could save you some. ..... So ask an opinion you'll get an honest answer. Maaaaaybe a touch of sarcasm, but we're all friends here. OK most of us.............some peculiar things have happened on our outtings......no really ask away. By the way I commend you for your service brother, keep rockin and be safe. Good luck on the finals!
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

Hi All , greetings from Turkey

Actually I've been a member since a while but did not see this topic before so I would like to say hi to everyone and try to introduce myselft a little bit

I'm a 32 years old father who has a 20 month old son so after he came my all life and plans changed. Now i'm acting only with a protect instict and start to prep and be armed

In Turkey we are facing earthquake , teror , maybe a future economic collapse risks and as you know we have lots of friendly neighbours like Iran,Iraq and Syria so a war risk is a possibility too

Unfortunately in Turkey everything for prepping and guns are very expensive and under very strict rules

Best regards

edit: typo
    Last edited by herofb; 07-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Bacon saver

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by herofb View Post
    Hi All , greetings from Turkey

Actually I've been a member since a while but did not see this topic before so I would like to say hi to everyone and try to introduce myselft a little bit

I'm a 32 years old father who has a 20 month old son so after he came my all life and plans changed. Now i'm acting only with a protect instict and start to prep and be armed

In Turkey we are facing earthquake , teror , maybe a future economic collapse risks and as you know we have lots of friendly neighbours like Iran,Iraq and Syria so a war risk is a possibility too

Unfortunately in Turkey everything for prepping and guns are very expensive and under very strict rules

Best regards

edit: typo
    So since you have been a member have you learned anything yet here on the site? I noticed this was your first post in 4 months so I figure you must have been looking around. Without being to nosey How are you doing over there?
    Be safe.............the night is your friend.

for sure I'm reading the forum and trying to be prepared as much as I can but when 4 months ago I had no word to say because of my zero knowledge about shtf and to be honest I had no preperations , now I feel much more knowledgeable (still not enough) and at least I've a couple of items to share

Firstly I bought a 12.ga semi-automatic shotgun (Hatsan MP-A) , ColdSteel Busman knife,First Aid bag , a multi tool ,etc. and started to keep some food and water also I just started to work to increase my shooting ability too. Next year I'm planning to buy a pistol too but unfortunately min cost is 4-5 k usd here because of the taxes and documents also for pistols we are able to buy only 200 (yes only two hundred) bullets per year so maybe I can invest this money on other preps and shotguns

I hope I will learn much more from here and try to be active at the forum to share my personal experiences too.