Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I love the direction our new home is taking. It's refreshing to read all the threads where real people actually do real prep related activities. Then they.....gasp....discuss said prep related activities. All of the basement warriors and tinfoil freaks just water everything down.

There's really no need for a turf war. We're focusing on becoming the top spot for serious prepping discussion. They are focusing on being the World Net Daily of prepping & enlightened acceptance. That's cool. It's just a different focus and feel. Sort of like the difference between Arfcom and Lightfigther. You go to one looking for reliable information posted by those who've been in harms way. You can count on that information being accurate or at least field tested. As you can imagine we want shtfready to be thought of similarly.

Like I said, I'm really pleased with the crew that is starting to form and the threads that are popping up here.

Looking forward to seeing who else joins our motley band of brigands.
Oh man I was just being my usual smartastic self. I like this site already. I'm not gonna lie and say some of the old tin foil stuff wasn't interesting reading and I added my share to that topic, but it was done for "something to do" so to speak. Part of me used it to pass time during a boring day.

But you're so right. It had taken a "command center in mom's basement" sort of feel to it.

I look forward to the "application" of useful info from this place.