Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Crotch Rocket

Hi all! I'm another follower of the gunbuilder Prior Army, and now a full time security guard. I've been an active prepper for several years now, and my outlook has evolved several times. My current plan is a fully self-sufficient homestead here in Michigan through personal production and establishing a cooperative economy within my community. I've got a long way to go on that.

East of Gaylord, MI on the other side of the Elk Herd!
    I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by madpiper View Post
    I'd like to introduce myself a little. Lunchbox got me on here and has filled me in a little about you. I currently live about 4 miles from Lunchbox but I am moving to Michigan in a few weeks. This area (north of Cincinnati) is - in my opinion - getting unstable, it wouldn't take much for it to go over the cliff. I have a pregnant wife and two small kids and as much as I like to think I have the skills to bug out with them I don't even want to think about trying it. Enter option 2 - moving to 10 acres of Jack Pine forest in Montmorency County. Lunchbox said you're the only one he knows of in Michigan so I figured I'd drop a line.
    Welcome aboard. Glad you joined us and despite your association with Lunchbox we're glad to have you.

Hope you enjoy your time here.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by madpiper View Post
    Welcome madpiper! I figured you are moving to Michigan to save money, since Lunchbox won't be so close with so many goodies. Other than it being pretty chilly up there in the winter, it sounds like you're going to a great location. Let us know how the move goes. You and Izzy both got your work cut out for you with 2 little ones. Keeping track of them when they are young is like herding ants!
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Where's the epi?

I think he's really leaving so Lunchbox will stop eating what madpiper's wife sends with him for lunch everyday. Think that's really how Lunchbox got his name....he doesn't stay out of other people's lunchbox!!!! LOL