Thread: Welcome new members! Introduce yourselves here

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Premium Member

Thanks for invitation to join

Hi RedJohn--

Thanks for the application to join the forum, RedJohn.

My background is writing. Went to Alaska in early 70s, got a pilot's license and a plane, and learned about survival kits. Have had 72-hr kits at home and in cars ever since; teach others to make them. Outdoors type, I'm told: camping, kayaking, hunting, fishing, bumming around in the boonies. Probably have spent 3 years sleeping outdoors, most recently last weekend at a lake. Am LDS, which helps because the church promotes having food/fuel/clothing in reserve. Have been an LDS Scoutmaster about 20 years, taught a lot of kids, about two dozen Eagle Scouts so far. Am part Seneca Indian, do some of the traditional things, earned a name, and have a Sioux feather. Worked in PR for U.S. Govt environmental agencies and VA; not a vet but appreciate and love 'em; retired to build experimental airplanes and write. Got a bunch of honors and awards, but best one is still having the original wife after all these years. Have a website on building a teardrop trailer called "crocodiletear.com". Working on a new website called "DisasterGuy.com", based on prepper ideas that I have tested myself. Buddy says I have been everywhere and done everything. Not true, but I'm still trying. Willing to help any any all on the forum--just PM me.

Hi All,

My name is Rock. I am a married former soldier, sailor, and police officer living in upstate South Carolina. I joined SHTF Ready & SHTF Now today by invitation.

I am the founder and admin for Preparation M: The Preparedness SIG (A Mensa Special Interest Group). Our forum is open to anyone who can contribute or participate intelligently. Its only been around for a few months, but we have some excellent folks who publish regularly. There are a TON of great links on our web site.

I am also fairly active on the forums at SurvivalCache.com and SHTFM.com. I think Survival Cache has some of the best articles on prepping out there.

I think America, if not the world, is in deep doo doo and those who are not self reliant will not last.

I hope to be able to learn, contribute, and make some friends while I am here.

Thanks,

Rock

A sticky might make it easier for us new guys to find the Intros thread.