Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Job possibility for me

Premium Member

UPDATE: What a difference a day makes?! I called the internet job guy, and he says "oh, I've been meaning to call you. I hired a girl to do it." Which makes twice I've lost a job because I didn't have tits, but oh well.

I went to Dalton, Ga to interview for a dealership up there. It's about an hour north of our house, and I wasn't 100% sure what would happen, but I went. I get there and the guy I was to interview with wasn't even there, he was off today. So I'm pissed. I head home and the phone rings, it's the guy from the dealership apologizing for the mix up, he messed up his days and was completely apologetic, and said the job is mine if I want it, without even interviewing. So that's a positive. I told him to let me think it over and I'd get back to him. Since it was a good deal away, the drive would cost me some gas money each week.

When I get home, my wife asks how I'd like to live in Chattanooga in her grandmother's old house rent free. Her g-mother is in a home, and the house goes to her dad once she dies (alzheimers), and we can basically stay there as long as we'd like, just paying utilities. Now if I can just get rid of this truck payment I'm stuck in.

So it looks like I may be moving to Tennessee, the patron state of shooting stuff. Will keep you posted!

Premium Member

Good deal man! Hope the move works out well for ya! So, would that put you closer or further from the dealership?

Have you tried advertising the truck yet?

The source of all known trouble in the universe

Brighter future in you life, it seems. WTG!

I'll most likely shit myself

You know you'll have to become a VOL fan. No more bulldogs
    Seriously, hope thing work out for you. Decisions, decisions. Prayin for you all.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Sweet! Another local. Hope to see you Here in E. Tenn. You'll like it. And the company is pretty good.....

Premium Member

It will put me about 15-20 minutes from the dealership in Dalton, vs the hour I would have to drive from Cartersville.

I WILL NEVER BE A VOL FAN! My wife has already brainwashed my youngest daughter. Thank God I still have influence of my oldest girl. On the flip side, the inlaws are season ticket holders in Vol country, so the October UGA/UT game is always fun. And our anniversary is always right around there.

And izzy, I've already thought about that. Between me, you, bacpacker, pitbullinga/tn, explo, there's the makings of a good group in E Tennessee.

Basically, the job is mine. I call the guy today and let him know when I want to start. Looking at moving in late April, early May. There's a guy living there now, some distant cousin or something. They gave him 3 weeks notice to move, which he knew would be coming sooner or later, so he's cool w/ it.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by TEOTWAWKI13 View Post

I WILL NEVER BE A VOL FAN!
    Guess you're always going to walking point in the MAG......LOL

Premium Member

Haha! I always follow my blockers.

But I suppose if my old man could do it, I could too.
    Last edited by TEOTWAWKI13; 03-25-2011 at 06:15 PM.