Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd shelters.

For the Love of Cats

Since we're thinking outside the box... this place came to mind:

Parks Canada - Lower Fort Garry National Historic Site - Maps - non-Flash (HTML) version

It is an hour from my home. I actually grew up a stones throw away from it.

It's defendable
    it is still functioning today as if it were the 1800's (Period re-enactors, using period equipment)
    it has a protected garden with the walls
    multiple buildings
    close to wood
    close to water
    blacksmith shop on site
    all hand tools and equipment from the 19 century, still in use and maintained.

All said and done... I think it would be an awesome spot!

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper that is not a bad thought. When you think about in some of the parks out there are old forts that are just asking to be brought back to their hay day. It would be a great place to set up considering its history.

I'll most likely shit myself

Good idea sniper, awesome looking location. Looks like somewhere I would enjoy visiting sometime.

We have an old fort that was recreated not far from here.

TN State Parks: Fort Loudoun State Park

There are also several places in the National park that could be a decent set up. However none of them have anywhere near the set up that place you linked does. Some of these have a small blacksmith area, maybe small garden spots, and some buildings that could be used for barns, houses, corn cribs, etc.
    Something to consider for sure.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Prisons are dire, desolate places to be in. It would take a crapload of paint to keep people sane in them.

your points are very well made though... and yes a prison would be a awesome BOL. assuming that the previous occupants have vacated, and not seen the state of affairs, and decided to use it themselves.
    Sniper, my problem with them (since I see one 5 days a week) is they get congested in a fire fight (I've been in training in this enviorment also) My concern would be you could loose alot of people in a short period of time.

I do like the idea of the frontier set-up, we have some locations similar in our area that would be promising.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.