Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Prayer request - I need the strength

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Thank you all. This has been 4 years of hell, for my wife. Started out as Stage 3 cervical cancer back in 2008, we got through that with a lot of issues , wife couldn't handle the chemo well, radiation did some damage but the tumor was erradicated. Next bout was four tumors, the worst of which was pressing on the spine and kidney. More chemo, and cyberknife as the previous treatment had done damage in the same area. The spinal/kidney tumor did not respond to chemo. Chemo pretty much tore up my wifes GI tract.We are once again dealing with a tumor near the spine and kidney. Another trip to cyber knife with more chemo is in store. Wife is ready to give up after this, as she has had enough of the pain, and constant tests and treatments. We have three trips to the hospital next week, and two the week after. We at least get a break Christmas week, after that all bets are off.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

What else can we be doing for you Stg?

You have my prayers for sure, but if there's something you cyberfamily (royalties to Izzy) can do don't be shy about asking.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

Prayers are all i really need at this point. Everything now is pretty much in the Good Lord's hands.

Where's the epi?

I thought for sure I wrote to you last night but I must have not hit the reply button. I am very sorry for your wife, you and your family. My best friend went through over 30 - yes, 30 surgeries in the same area that your wife is dealing with now. How she dealt with it is just amazing. Her faith in the Lord has gotten her through all of them and continues to keep her going today. She is finally clear but goes every 6 months to recheck. She has been left with no genitile area and her vaginal tract has been scraped to a thin membrane and all reproductive organs are gone too. Her stomach is now like a rock from scar tissue. I tell you this so you know that even though your wife is going through this now, she can get through it if she keeps her faith and fights. My girlfriend never waivered in her faith and gives thanks every day for her life. Please be strong for your wife and let her know that she can do this and the Lord is with her helping her every step of the way....she cannot give up, it's not her time. You still need her by your side. I send you both hugs and much love to give you strength to fight.

That will be the next step after this series of treatment if anything remains. It will have to wait though until my wife gains some weight. She is now down to 96 lbs and is 5'6" tall. This has been eating her away for the last year now. We know what is in store for us, just have to get our collective heads wrapped around it. last series of treatment was very agressive.

Crotch Rocket

You're both in my prayers as well.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Queen of the Doom Room
    Asking God to hold you and your wife in his healing and comforting hands.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

Best wishes for you and your family, my friend.

Week started off with a call from the doctors , wife needed to go in for another scan with contrast. Results back today, tumor on colon, if the Cyber knife doesn't eliminate it , it gets cut out. Appointment is Friday 12/16 for Cyber Knife.

Where's the epi?

Please keep us posted...sending hugs to your wife.