Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SHTF Alternative Currency

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

I'm with you guys on the ammo. 22LR i think will be very valuble as trade beads. It's easy, you can get it in bulk fo rcheap, and everyone has one. I separated mine into 50 round baggies
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have a robot?
    Ammo is good and I do have various calibers. I think that it is important that you stock extra things that you will be using. I understand cigarettes, I used to smoke, however the cost is so much now I think I will be looking to other things. Since there are so many wineries in our area the booze I stock is hard booze.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    I think ammo might be on my list at the bottom....first I'd be after: SALT, TEA/COFFEE et all....I would think spices and caffeine would have quite the currency come shit hit the fan just as they have in the past. Also trade skills if we really went belly up: Drs, Blacksmiths, Mechanics, Engineers...us livestock people....skills, spices and staples. My 3 s's for post shtf currency.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    I think ammo might be on my list at the bottom....first I'd be after: SALT, TEA/COFFEE et all....I would think spices and caffeine would have quite the currency come shit hit the fan just as they have in the past. Also trade skills if we really went belly up: Drs, Blacksmiths, Mechanics, Engineers...us livestock people....skills, spices and staples. My 3 s's for post shtf currency.
    salt/tea/coffee and spices! for sure! I have been gathering seeds for all kinds of spices and herbs to add to my veggie base. I do have to say that I agree about the ammo though. Can never have enough. You'll change your mind when you get up to NY and decide ya want to hunt bear and local animals to add to your diet. Yummy!

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    We have ammo...I meant I don't feel ammo is something I desire to hoard...but then again Big J is fond of reloading....maybe thats why I don't feel the need to hoard ammo.

Resident Seafood Procurement Officer

I have been reading a blog from a guy that went through the war in the Balkan region from 1992 to 1995. Very informative and very disturbing. He says that Bic lighters were as good as gold during the worst period of that war. Just saying.

If interested

http://shtfschool.com/general/first-...urvival-guide/
    Last edited by piranha2; 01-15-2012 at 02:49 AM.

Where's the epi?

^we get those too and put them in the sucky machine so that they don't dry out.

For the Love of Cats

just because we practice and train with fire steels and such... doesn't mean the sheeple know what they are. I have LC boxes full of 50 count packets of wooden matches. Any one can use them... in a situation, they will be better than gold!
    IMO

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    ^we get those too and put them in the sucky machine so that they don't dry out.
    I giggle like a kid every time I see you post "sucky machine".
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Food for thought, just occurred to me: you guys that dont reload...........

how valuable do you think that reloading supplies will be? All that brass you leave at the range could be traded for something useful......like a goat..........

There's a lot of folks that do reload and will be looking for supplies