Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: SHTF Alternative Currency

Do you have change for a canned bacon?

Wifey and i only eat canned bacon.
    I manage to get it for about $8-$10 shipped every now and then and stock up when I do.
    You cant beat the price. You get an equivilent of about 3 pounds (precooked weight) in a can.
    Uncooked bacon costs $3-$5 a pound and then you still have to refrigerate and cook it.
    Open a can, you can eat it cold or heat it up. put the leftover, if you have any, in the frige or freezer.
    Excellent flavor. In the past 4 years I have probably been thru a can a month.
    This is the most rotated prep I have
    I'm gonna go have some bacon now
    They say that the cockroaches will be the last creature alive on this earth.
    I intend on being the last person alive still stomping cockroaches.

I'll most likely shit myself

Your killin me Alpha. Where do you get you cans at? I may need to invest a little in some pork.

Good to see you back, I haven't seen you on in a bit.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    Wifey and i only eat canned bacon.
    I manage to get it for about $8-$10 shipped every now and then and stock up when I do.
    You cant beat the price. You get an equivilent of about 3 pounds (precooked weight) in a can.
    Uncooked bacon costs $3-$5 a pound and then you still have to refrigerate and cook it.
    Open a can, you can eat it cold or heat it up. put the leftover, if you have any, in the frige or freezer.
    Excellent flavor. In the past 4 years I have probably been thru a can a month.
    This is the most rotated prep I have
    I'm gonna go have some bacon now
    Great......another reason for me to buy bacon.............
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    Your killin me Alpha. Where do you get you cans at? I may need to invest a little in some pork.

Good to see you back, I haven't seen you on in a bit.
    Yea, I usually check in here a few times a week to see whats up and to make sure this place does not degrade like the last SHTF site I frequented. So far THIS is the place to be.

I likes my BACON. “Bacon is proof that god loves us. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, sautee it. There's, um, bacon kebabs, bacon creole, bacon gumbo, pan fried, deep fried, stir fried. There's pineapple bacon and lemon bacon, coconut bacon, pepper bacon, bacon soup, bacon stew, bacon salad, bacon and potatoes, bacon burger, bacon sandwich, bacon on the half shell, chocolate covered bacon, bacon ice cream, bacon bubble gum and bacon breath mints. Dey is bacon dog treats, bacon soda pop, and bacon lip balm. Bacon comes thick, thin, cooked, raw, canned, slabbed, cured, smoked, peppered and maple flavored.... That's, that's about it.”

Looks like most places are out of bacon right now. I have bought from:
    Real Canned Bacon from Best Prices Storable Foods
    http://www.mredepot.com/
    http://beprepared.com/
    Yoder's Canned Bacon
    http://www.readydepot.com
    There are others too

Just check often and wait for sales.

I'll most likely shit myself

Thanks for the links. I may have to try some bacon lip balm as well. You don't want chapped lips after all.

When you open it up, it looks like strips of bacon squeezed together.

For the Love of Cats

Some interesting points, from the same guy with the 10 prepping mistakes.

Top 10 Barter Items for SHTF - YouTube

Has been known to provide fake cat info
    Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    how about small 20 ounce coke bottles of rice or beans a trade good?
    I have long thought that a ziplock of rice would be a near perfect trade item.

Like most preppers I have enough rice to build a fort out of, and I buy ziplocks in bulk because they are so useful.

Change that to ziplock of salt/sugar/.22/aspirin, etc...

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    I have long thought that a ziplock of rice would be a near perfect trade item.

Like most preppers I have enough rice to build a fort out of, and I buy ziplocks in bulk because they are so useful.

Change that to ziplock of salt/sugar/.22/aspirin, etc...

I find the coke bottles to be more durable for storage in the long run. I also store some thinks like .22 ammo in Glad containers. The ziplocks make a whole lot more sense for things like sugar, as it will settle and cake inside the bottles.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.