Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

For the Love of Cats

Helo, thanks for taking the time and sharing all this info with us...

Why did you build the run up in the air like that? When I saw the info about the tractors, it seemed to me that that would be THE way to go, as they'll almost self feed. I didn't see a lot of green on the ground in your pics, I assumed it was because of the seasons, or is that normal where you are?

tx again!

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I built them this way because it is what was recommended, also because grass does not grow very well here. If the rabbits are something I want to continue to do, then I will build a big pen and plant lots of grass in it. But I am not sure that I want to keep rabbits full time or not.

For the Love of Cats

Thanks. The area I was(am) looking at locating mine is about 90% clover, and was told that a tractor would be best for me. And also thanks for the info on the auto feed/watering/doors... the biggest issue I had is about having to get someone to come feed and water them if I am away.

you may have just revived my little idea yet. And if I put it in an out of the way place, my wife wouldn't even know until she starts seeing packages in the freezer!

mwahahahahaha

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

For you Sniper

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    an 8 wk old rabbit is going to be mighty tiny....even a 10 wk old rabbit is going to be mighty tiny...I raise the largest breeds of rabbit out there...and even THEY would be mighty tiny that young. I think this is one of those times you are going to think one thing...and reality is going to pan out a tiny bit different...is all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    an 8 wk old rabbit is going to be mighty tiny....even a 10 wk old rabbit is going to be mighty tiny...I raise the largest breeds of rabbit out there...and even THEY would be mighty tiny that young. I think this is one of those times you are going to think one thing...and reality is going to pan out a tiny bit different...is all I am saying.
    I thought the same thing when we raised our first chickens. At 6 weeks old they weighed 8 lbs, so I am not doubting there info. They also figure slaughter time for you to make the most money. Raise them longer and the feed bill eats into your profits.

Well we got our rabbits today. Traded 4 Austrolorp hens for 4 pregnant females. They each weight about 10 lbs, and where bred by different bucks.

Does not recommend blowing rocks up yourself

Thanks for the update and the pictures. Looks like you made a good trade.

When were the does bred? What are your plans for nests?

Please keep us updated.

Doug

Two where bred on 12-23-11, one bred on 12-21-11, and the other bred on 12-27-11. Nest boxes going in 3 days before they are to deliver, so 1-24-12, 1-20-12, and 1-21-12.

Does not recommend blowing rocks up yourself

Any news?