Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Rabbits

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

It has been crazy here. My dog had a litter, and died the next day. So we have been taking care of the puppies. She had 12, but we gave away all but 4. One died.

On to the rabbits. One had 5, one had 1, another had 1, and the last one had 2 but they both died. Got to bring 6 to the 4H show, hopefully the buyers allow my kids to bring them back home. If not I need a male rabbit.

Does not recommend blowing rocks up yourself

Sorry to hear about your dog. You've had your hands full trying to raise day old pups.

Could you take your does to someone who has a buck. I know we do that here to keep the genetics changing. Sometimes the buck owner will take a young one out of the litter for the service. Usually the buck owner is just happy to help.

A laugh a minute
    [QUOTE=helomech;15982]Well we got our rabbits today. Traded 4 Austrolorp hens for 4 pregnant females. They each weight about 10 lbs, and where bred by different bucks.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Sorry to hear about your dog. At least you were able to save the pups. What kind are they? Nice looking rabbits.

The mom was a Great Dane, and the dad was a English Mastiff. The pups where 1.5 lbs when born.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn View Post
    Sorry to hear about your dog. You've had your hands full trying to raise day old pups.

Could you take your does to someone who has a buck. I know we do that here to keep the genetics changing. Sometimes the buck owner will take a young one out of the litter for the service. Usually the buck owner is just happy to help.
    Thanks

Yeah, can do that. But would like to bring in a male that can be bred to all the does. It will be a while before we breed them again, going to give them at least a month after they ween the babies.

A laugh a minute
    I bet the are beautiful. Hope you find homes for them. If not I would take one off your hands for ya. We are looking for a big dog for the farm.

They are cute as heck, but they are all given away already.

Well a update on the rabbits. They are just over a month old and still nursing on mom. They weigh about 3 lbs.They have to weigh less than 5 lbs for the 4H fair, so we may have to cut back on their feed. They just got weighed for the fair and had their ears tatoo done.

For the Love of Cats

I need to get me some of these!!!

would be scared to kill that by hand