Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My chicken coupe, automatic water, automatic feed, and automatic chicken door, etc.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

My chicken coupe, automatic water, automatic feed, and automatic chicken door, etc.

Here is the coupe before it was painted and the run was built. All the sides open.

Coupe with run finished.

Automatic chicken feeder. Used a old deer feeder and made a PVC bottom to direct the feed to a plate.

Automatic chicken door, it is solar powered and opens and closes at which ever time you want to set it.

Here is the automatic water. Inside the bucket is just a regular toilet float. As the float drops the water flows and fills the bucket. The chicken nipples do not work with much pressure on them. If you hook them to regular water pressure the chickens can't drink from it, so you either need a bucket like this (cheap) or a pressure regulator that will go down to about 3 lbs.

I don't have a good pick of the water nipples, can get some tomorrow if yall want. This is a old pic.

And here is a pic I took while building the run. You can see the chain link laying on the ground. It is wired to the chain link on the sides using stainless steel wire. BTW I got all the chain link for free. Ran a add in the local paper looking for old fencing material. Got lots of calls. Ended up with about a thousand feet of chain link.

I'll most likely shit myself

Nice set up. Looks like I gotta set up a feeder system to. That'll hold a bunch of feed.

It will hold five 50 lb bags, but I usually only put 2 at a time. It lasts to long if filled up. If anyone wants to see a certain pic better I can take more tomorrow.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I like the auto watering set up and a simple one at that... Very cool!

I'll most likely shit myself

More pics are always better. The water set up really intrigues me, it looks like you are running water to what 3 different locations. Can you show anything from the inside of the bucket, how you mounted the float?

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I'm pretty sure he just drilled through the bottom of the bucket and installed toilet a flush valve.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker View Post
    More pics are always better. The water set up really intrigues me, it looks like you are running water to what 3 different locations. Can you show anything from the inside of the bucket, how you mounted the float?

Yes I have one set going inside the coupe, one on the outside the coupe inside the run, and one on the outside of the run. I think there are about 60 different water nipples for them to use. I can take some pics inside the bucket tomorrow, but all I did was drill two holes in the bucket. Put a PVC fitting for the drain, and a toilet float like this one. Just the vertical part, not the flapper. Walmart.com: HydroWorks Water-Saving Toilet Repair Kit: Plumbing & Fixtures

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Chicken nipples? What the hell kind of smut is this?

This is very cool. I especially like the add asking for materials. The rest of us would be wise to copy that maneuver for other projects.

Please continue to post pics.....while I will likely never have chickens, and have no desire for them, seeing the evolution of this is awesome. It also puts ideas in the notebook that can be tweaked for use in other ways.

Thanks for sharing them with us.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout