Thread: Sparrow's SPICE nest-egg.

Sparrow's SPICE nest-egg.

Hey everyone!

I thought I would share with you this little prep that was pretty important to me. I know on the list of priorities it sure wasn't first ... but I love spices! I use all of these spices very often, and thought ... well even if foraging food I could make it pretty tasty as long as I had my spices!

All I did was put the original plastic packaging into freezer ziplock bags and sucked out the air myself . When I have more time I will be putting them in clean glass jars. This will be ok for a few months I think. All the spices are very fresh!

Oh and you can see I have 2 lbs of green cardamon for 20 $ a pound! (Oh Mtl how I love thee).

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I love me some spices, too. I haven't tasted cardamon yet, as far as I know. I have quite a bit of different spices in the pantry and basement. I have just left them sealed in their original containers, but they are in giant plastic bottles. I wonder if I need to repack them?

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Spices are actually really great for shtf. Most common spices have medicinal properties a) and b) when you have limited food options...spices really help you out.