Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Propane

Do you have a robot?
    Sniper how much propane do you go through a year at your cabin?

For the Love of Cats

little... we only use it as a cabin... so the appliences are used on sporatic weekends only. We plan on 200 # /yr. for all aplliences, although we maintain twice that in reserve.

The lights are the killers. the fridge sucks a bunch initially, but then is a trickle. the stove is blah... cause we cook on the woodstove, but the oven sucks it hard.

The most is 300#, but at a buddy's nearby, that we use hard, we'll hit close to 500#

Where's the epi?

We rent our 500 gal tank and my mom owns hers. We now use the same company (we switched to hers since it was cheaper) and they give her a lower rate because they don't have to maintain the tank or repair it if something goes wrong. We usually buy our season's worth in the summer and the company gives us a break on the price. They hold a Customer Appreciation Day and anyone who goes in on that day can get their gas at a discount for the winter. Check with your company to see if they do something like that.

Do you have a robot?
    Thanks Sniper that is about the amount I was planning on. I figure about 200 gallons a year used periodically throughout the year. I do plan on having a 500 gallon tank for the long term.

The thing that I like about propane is it stores for long periods and does not have any maintenance needed except to fill it. Our old tank lasted more than 20 years before we moved. So unless a tree falls on the tank there should be no maintenance.