A couple of days ago we had a delivery of propane and my wife almost had a cardiac arrest. The cost for the propane on the tag was $4.38 which is more than diesel. So I started making some inquiries of other companies. One thing that I found out is, if you have more than one company in your area, it is easy to switch out the tanks. Also if you own your own tanks then the cost is about $1 per gallon less. I figure that I used about 200 gallons over the past 5 months. My goal is to have two 500 gallon tanks this will allow me to buy when the market is low as well as having a good supply of stable fuel on hand. One company I contacted told me if I switched the cost would be $2.19 per gallon for the first fill and then currently $3.01 there after. However if I had my own tank then the cost would be $2.75. So the moral of this story is keep a close eye on your bills and know the going rates. Right now tanks are at a premium so I will have to wait to get my own, that is another spring project.