Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Food Prices and Prepping

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

You know its sad that we all end up typing the same comment...."they don't care-have a clue-trust the govt to help" I just had someone I work with (remember this was them coming to me) and ask about what food to store and how much. Now I'm no grocery clerk so I explained it as best as I could. An hour or so later and "it" decided thats to much work. I shit you not, the rest of the night I sat there and twirled my thumbs staring off in to space.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I'll most likely shit myself

Your dead on LB. It more a rare thing that someone pays attention and actually acts on the info I give them.
    My parents have grown up farming and gardening, still garden a lot. But they freeze most of their veggies and don't have a genset. They have probably 6 months food stored, but not more than 5-10 days worth of water and no filter or treatment for more. My sister and the wifes sisters don't have anywhere near that much and won't listen to anything. They all live out of state, some of them 600+ miles away so i don't see them showing up here.
    Drive's me crazy.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Is it a lot? Are you LDS? Do you not have a center close to you? Ours is about an hour away so we make a day of it and have a blast!
    Where is this magical place? I must go there.....but I think I'll need a friend.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

did you use your 'phone a friend' lifeline?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    did you use your 'phone a friend' lifeline?

I have to be carful with that one. You have no idea how many times a day I butt-dial stig. His name is the first one in my contacts, so he is always the first person to get butt dialed. When I hear my pats talking, I normally end up striking a conversation and playing it off like I meant to call. ONe day, he may hunt me down and choke me.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by izzyscout21 View Post
    Where is this magical place? I must go there.....but I think I'll need a friend.
    Hendersonville. It's west of you.

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    You buy food? LOL. Ok seriously outside grains, tea/coffee and sugar I don't really buy anything at this point...and that..is where we all need to be. I will say...last time I went in to the store to get sugar I laughed my ass off at a $3 head of lettuce....lettuce...you do realize it comes in packages of 1000 seeds and basically takes nothing to grow....at all...I mean at all....I even am growing it right now at 12 degrees outside in an unheated tiny greenhouse.
    These things ain't getting better folks: plant a garden, get some chickens, a trio of rabbits and a pair of small goats...

Where's the epi?

^yup! I can't wait to close on our land!!!!!!!!!!! If those stupid people from the title company get their act together. Guess if we hadn't gotten a place where we had to go through everyone else's property it wouldn't be such a pain in the butt and they ARE going back to the 1920's in their search but darn it already!!!!! I want it over with and finally get planning on the bridge, roads, house, barns, all the good stuff.

I'll most likely shit myself

Raven you've already gotten to where we are headed. Last years stuff was down some due to the adverse weather, but we were able to fill in the gaps from farmers markets. Since we. Bought the beef and the chickens are laying we're in much better shape than a year ago.

Lady the time spent with the title search will be well worth it down the road. You'll get there.

Quote Originally Posted by ladyhk13 View Post
    Hendersonville. It's west of you.
    that's not too far. I'd like to go.