Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock Commercial

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by GunnerMax View Post
    Just curious, why do glocks not work well with lights? Does it have something to do with the recoil?
    My understanding is that the light screws with how the frame flexes under recoil. The end result is the slide doesn't have enough inertia to go to the full extent of its travel thus resulting in all sorts of feeding issues.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    I've not had one that didn't work with a light, but then I've only owned a 9mm and a .45.

The .40s had lots of issues when they introduced them, but they've pretty much worked them out. I think they had some issues with the .357s too.

Despite what some will say (no one here), not every platform will work with every cartridge without changes. Platforms are most often designed around a chosen cartridge. Once the design is branched out into different calibers, often changes must be made, due to variations in recoil impulse, slide speed, mass versus cartridge energy, etc. Some are more easily adaptable than others.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

And just for clariy, its the. 40S&W with lights that seem to have the problems. 9s and. 45s not so much.

My 4th gen G23 has never had an issue with a light so they seem to have concurred that issue. Of course the ruined the trigger and turned it into a pile of ass on the 4th gens which is awesome
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

At our dept....it was found that the light/malfunction issue was due to the grain of the bullet. 165 or 185, it would malfunction with 165 grain and then work fine with 185. They made it policy to use 185 grain only. I never heard anything else about the issues and now we are using the 4's. Of course the buy back option was there for the 3's for @$325.00......
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.