Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else Feel like an idiot assembling kids presents?

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Anyone else Feel like an idiot assembling kids presents?

Well??

I do.

I'm messing with a kitchen that Gordon Ramsey couldn't turn into more of a hell if he tried.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

LOL, I remember those days.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Yeah, I remember those days also.

GunnerMax
    Lol. Everything I got did not need assembly. Except for the in.stall of the wifes new windshield wipers. Those are a bitch

Do NOT mess with him while he's pumping gas.

I feel like an idiot most of the time, I just got finished spending 22 minutes trying to remove a plastic tonka truck from an apparently Kevlar, carbon fiber, reinforced cardboard box with mil spec zipties holding it in place. I thought I was gonna ruin a $100 knife to open a $17 toy for my kid, I was almost the point of shooting, or trying to fashion a shaped charge to open the stupid thing. The only thing worse is the plastic packages that are welded shut, you'd think a disabled person woulda cried foul on ADA by now with those packages, I mean, I'm basically a navy seal, (just kidding)
    And I can barely open them without a torch.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I am handy enough for that task. I don't do it anymore though, no more kids around.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Holy crap...... Finally got tthe kitchen together around midnight. Then I had to put together the pop-up princess playtent. You would think that a seasoned camper, soldier, and flipping Eagle Scout could put together a pop up play tent. Apparently not.

DAMN YOU WALT DISNEY!!!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Do you have a robot?
    My son is 21 and we are going to start assembling his AR this summer so I will let you know how it goes then. As for my daughter she is 15 and into softball and basketball. Soooooooooo I'm am pretty much past what you are struggling through.

Dont worry about shitting yourself
    Wow.
    I agree, packaging in the last few years has transcended being packaging, to being more of a nuclear event protection container.

The AR-15 will pale in difficulty compared to kids toys.

Do you have a robot?
    By the way were you using the French, Spanish or Japanese instructions??????