Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Americans Networking To Survive (ANTS)

Crotch Rocket

Americans Networking To Survive (ANTS)

A.N.T.S. - Americans Networking To Survive

I was going to ask who here ran with the ant concept, but it appears to have been put online a scant month ahead of us, so a couple months before I came up with the ant logo concept for here as well.

Either way, what's everyone think of this network idea? I find it interesting and ambitious. If it works like the founder has in mind it might even be relatively safe.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

GunnerMax
    Well opsec is something, but a trusted group is another. I would be in, because I live in a city, with no resources, but millions of shipping containers.

The source of all known trouble in the universe

I thought about it last year. I wanted to buy the shtfnetwork.com domain name, but the guy never sold it to me although he is not using it. Then I got sidetracked by life.

There was a concept done by one guy that belong to another board that I admin call Alarm and Muster (alarmandmuster.com) but at the last news it turned into shit due to internal wars.

CC Gray Panther
    Quote Originally Posted by RedJohn View Post
    I thought about it last year. I wanted to buy the shtfnetwork.com domain name, but the guy never sold it to me although he is not using it. Then I got sidetracked by life.

There was a concept done by one guy that belong to another board that I admin call Alarm and Muster (alarmandmuster.com) but at the last news it turned into shit due to internal wars.
    It has become ( Liberty and Preparedness )
    Some of the older guys kicked out the trouble makers and started the new site.

Crotch Rocket

I forgot about Alarm and Muster. That seemed like a good idea too. I can't remember why I never joined, but recall thinking I might. I'll have to check it out as Liberty and Preparedness when I can get fully online again.

Gunner, considering some of our past discussions I believe you might be right. This could be a good workable solution for you
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

He's old and grumpy, but not fat. He'll be right back...he has to go tell some kids to get off his lawn

It is workable if done properly. Opsec shouldn't be a real problem, if done properly.
    "There are no winners in war, only bigger losers"

If you see me or hear me coming, I'm not doing my job.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

I started up a local MAG (Mutual Assistance Group) in our county but we never got a whole lot of interest in it. The concept is great but you need the members.

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

I think the possible negatives outway the possible positives. I like the idea but i see way too much room for error/mishaps.

Does NOT use a snake bit sucker kit on snake bits

As for now I think we are all ANTS. We are all networking, collecting all the information thats we need and putting our prep's in order thats needed for our own situations. Having sites like this one to get/share info and ideas is great but what happens when the lights go out...complete loss of power? The way I see it is when SHTF we need to have a plan thats within are reaches (like within a tankful of gas range) so the closer the network group is the better. What I have tried in the past is to set up a 0-150 mile radius that's doable in a SHTF situation to cover our comfort zone but as of now it's still lacking... But working on it!

Wants to know if that is a nut tool for a fire hydrant nozzle

Out of curiosity. I know a few of the members here would be able to answer this one. What would be the best wave length/frequency for nationwide coverage assuming repeaters were still running on a vehicle mounted ham? Communication would be square 1 imo.