Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Project building designs

Garden? I'll show you a garden....
    Darn you CAs stay out of WA!!!!!!!!!! LOL. The great influx of CAs to WA in the 80/90s made our property prices skyrocket.

Do you have a robot?
    Ya I've heard it before........ Think of it this way Californians also played the housing market too, so you can thank them for causing the market to tank and thus bringing your housing prices down........Typical Californians will move out because they don't like the state. The bad thing is they bring their politics and want to change everything. Pretty soon it is just like the place they moved out from and then they complain about it. Now if you could say cull the liberals from the conservatives then we would have something..........

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by ravensgrove View Post
    Darn you CAs stay out of WA!!!!!!!!!! LOL. The great influx of CAs to WA in the 80/90s made our property prices skyrocket.
    I'm not a Kommiefornicastani, I just work here! If I could I would move back to the Ozarks in Missouri with my kith and kin. But, unfortunately I have golden handcuffs both salarywise and careerwise. But I am looking for land near Cedar City.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by realist View Post
    Ya I've heard it before........ Think of it this way Californians also played the housing market too, so you can thank them for causing the market to tank and thus bringing your housing prices down........Typical Californians will move out because they don't like the state. The bad thing is they bring their politics and want to change everything. Pretty soon it is just like the place they moved out from and then they complain about it. Now if you could say cull the liberals from the conservatives then we would have something..........
    That's exactly what happened to us in FL...that damn RAT (Mickey Mouse) moved in, brought all those Yankees down and they paved paradise to put in a parking lot. All us smart locals who remember that Ron Jon's Surf Shop was just a little shack with a rotating sign have moved out and let them crazy people have the state! See what they did to the real estate and politics down there too, don't ya?

Where's the epi?

[QUOTE=realist;16376]I do not know how big your creek is but you might look at a culvert rather than a bridge it is cheaper if you can do it.

From what I have been able to find on culverts, they seem to be a large pipe that ya drive over and the water goes through it? Am I correct in that?

For the Love of Cats

^
    yep... that's them!

Can be concrete, steel, or plastic

Do you have a robot?
    We have been using rigid plastic that works great. The nice thing about them is that you can cut them to length without a problem and the cost is a lot less. The make them in all diameters, mine was three feet diameter.

Where's the epi?

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    ^
    yep... that's them!

Can be concrete, steel, or plastic
    I think that would be a problem for us since our creeks/streams are slate/rock bottom and we wouldn't want to dig into them and I think the size pipe we would need would be very large to cross and be able to get to a grassy area on each side if we could cut the bottoms off to kind of make them like a "C" and put them upside down into the ground.
    Here is the kind of stuff we have to cross:

ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I just printed out the rabbit cage plans (spring project) Of course I won't go by the plans, I'll just throw something together thats close and be happy.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

He can get it up, but getting it down again might be, ah, interesting....wait...we're talking about airplanes right?
    The cassette dehydrator caught my eye, and I'm already working on something similar, but their design is a sight prettier than mine is going to turn out to be.