Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodbye 2011

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Last year was a nightmare. Hopefully this year will be better.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

Every day is as good or as bad as you make it.

Life is a learning experience!

I embrace each day as the gift that it is, and make the best out of it, come what may!

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Last year was a year like any other year for me. Some good , some bad and some just mediocre. After 3 years we finally had a tuna season, but opening day for trout up in Mammoth Lake was just okay. Our company managed to stay afloat for another year and we even got a big contract with a railroad. I spent this year reviewing what I have, what I need and what I don't need. That's gonna be one helluva garage sale!

And I came across a colony of like-minded ants that I immediately befriended- to my great benefit. All in all, another good trip around Old Sol. But then, any day I wake up breathing and can pull on my Fruit-of-the-Looms I consider to be a good day.

Now on to the next important topic-What are we having for lunch?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

I learned that my extended family reacts even worse than I expected in stressful situations. I also learned that my mother is very anti-prepper. I STILL cannot believe the things that came out of her stupid mouth! I found out that I really need to get more organized, and having 25 jars of gravy that is about to expire and no meat is a bad thing. After watching a survival show, I learned that I was not using a fire steel correctly. Now I need to retrain my daughter once it is warm enough outside.

For the Love of Cats

Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
    ... After watching a survival show, I learned that I was not using a fire steel correctly..
    Can you start a fire with it? Just because you use it differently, doesn't mean it is wrong!

diversity is good. I personally know 6 completely different and seperate ways to put on my socks, just in case one fails for whatever reason.

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Quote Originally Posted by msomnipotent View Post
    I found out that I really need to get more organized, and having 25 jars of gravy that is about to expire and no meat is a bad thing.

"Now on to the next important topic-What are we having for lunch?"

Does that mean if I bring the roast beast we'll have hot roast beast sandwiches?
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

For the Love of Cats

mmmm... I love roast BEAST sandwiches! I'm in!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    mmmm... I love roast BEAST sandwiches! I'm in!
    roast-beast.jpg
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper-T View Post
    Can you start a fire with it? Just because you use it differently, doesn't mean it is wrong!

diversity is good. I personally know 6 completely different and seperate ways to put on my socks, just in case one fails for whatever reason.

Yes, I started a fire with Vasoline and cotton balls. At least I know why the twigs didn't light. I didn't know to chip off some chunks of magnesium first. I think it will be much easier now! I guess I'm just used to my husband's way of thinking. There is only one way of doing things correctly, like folding his underwear the proper way. Too bad it isn't the way I fold underwear.

Mmmmm. Beast. It's whats for dinner.