Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Odd n End prep items we may forget about

Premium Member

Odd n End prep items we may forget about

I was driving to work today and drove past a local dude that's apparently a rep for C'mere Deer, a deer scent attractant company. And it dawned on me, that for the entire time I've been on these SHTF related sights, I can't for the life of me recall someone saying they should stock up on deer scents, salt blocks, feeders, etc.

So, I'll throw this out there, shouldn't the hunters stock up on these hunting accessories? What else are we forgetting?

I'll most likely shit myself

If you can get just the pure salt blocks, no additives. it makes a great way to store large quantities of salt for any human comsupmtion Very valuable WSHTF for curing, cooking, etc. And it comes in a huge package, just stack em and keep em dry, last forever.
    All the other things is a great idea as well. hunting will be hard enough when "everyone" is doing it, might as well stack the odds in your favor.
    Something I'm starting soon is a worm farm. Not only good for bait, but if you feed your scraps, leaves, etc, they will turn it into the best dirt you can imagine. I'll get a thread going once I'm up and running.

Premium Member

That's a good idea. Never thought of that either. I mentioned it somewhere else on here I think, but fifteen 20# bags of charcoal gives you 1 hot cooked meal a day for a year.

I'll most likely shit myself

I don't have any charcoal stocked. We use a gas grill so no real need. But for future reference it's a very good idea. I need to find me some type of small charcoal grill to go with it.

Premium Member

I dont think it has been talked aout yet but what about a fuel transfer pump with a couple feet of hose. YOu can never have enough fuel!
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
    Thomas Jefferson

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    I dont think it has been talked aout yet but what about a fuel transfer pump with a couple feet of hose. YOu can never have enough fuel!
    I've thought about getting a syphon of some sort. In fact, I have a list of tools that at first mention, you'd think there could be some nefarious reasons for having them, but in a bind or a pinch they could come in handy....such as a pair of bolt cutters, a lock pick set, the syphon, a slim jim set for getting into cars (if you lock your keys in them for example).

A suggestion is that everyone learn to build a rocket stove. Where we are we have reliable water and natural gas. However, a good earthquake and the water mains break, gas lines rupture. What to do? I have a propane gas grill and always have several bottles around. In addition I have a Coleman camp stove. What if I get to the point of being out of propane without a way to resupply? I build a rocket stove. Simple, very efficient and easily powered by small bits of wood, tree branches, etc. Look at Youtube for a video tutorial on how to build one.

Wants you to "look at what he's holding tonight".

I got 500 gallons of propane, and a few wood burning stoves.
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes DUTY!" - Thomas Jefferson

To answer your original question, I wouldn't stockpile it. If everyone is being forced to the woods all the animals are going to be hunted to the edge of extinction.

That's why my ultimate goal is to have enough to last me for 2 years. First year for everyone to die off that will and the next for the populations to come back.

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

My odds and ends preps are hand tools, fasteners, and I am working on making a seed bank.

This fall I hope to get a generator wired up for the house

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk