Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sparrow Update!

For the Love of Cats

I am not condoning nor defending her actions. Just stating that she's gone, without putting any drama into it.

btw, what did we Canadians do to you??

rofl

Claptrap's Problem Solver

None of my ire is directed towards you Sniper. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that.

And we love our Canadian brothers and sisters. You gave us Strange Brew.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

For the Love of Cats

bwahahahahaha

I know Stig. We're cool!

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

For the Love of Cats

^ it certainly wouldn't be a camera that I'd shoot that critter with. That's some good eats right there!

And yes, I mean the one on the right!

stark assed naked and butt to nut with no issues
    Wow. sorry I missed this about Sparrow. I kind of wish cooler heads would have prevailed. I have a pretty warped ass sense of humor as well, more geared towards gallows humor I guess. So I saw nothing wrong in her posts, but then again, I missed the entire conversation as well. Too bad.

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Quote Originally Posted by Stormfeather View Post
    Wow. sorry I missed this about Sparrow. I kind of wish cooler heads would have prevailed. I have a pretty warped ass sense of humor as well, more geared towards gallows humor I guess. So I saw nothing wrong in her posts, but then again, I missed the entire conversation as well. Too bad.
    Just got in from a six hour drive. Fun stuff.

The issue wasn't the gallows humor. The issue was that when a staff member politely asked her to choose her words more carefully she felt the need to throw up a hissy-fit in the open forum. I do not take kindly to anybody who blatantly tries to disrupt this forum. There were other "behind the scenes" matters as well.

I don't like to share the details of these matters in the open because it validates those seeking to create drama (and perpetuates it). However, the issue came up and I didn't want it to fester all day. That, and you all are mature enough to handle the information without a big shit-storm developing.

None the less, I too am unhappy when any member decides to "leave" our home. I wish we could have found some middle-ground but it was probably best that we all go our separate ways in the short-term. We're not for everybody.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Thunder Lizard Canning Club Chapter of the Old Farts Society

Sometimes hard decisions have to be made. Sometimes people hold onto an untenable position. And sometimes people are just plain self centered.

I know nothing of the conflict or drama. What I do know is that I liked Sparrow's posts, but IF she was sowing discord, that cannot be tolerated. We all have a hard enough time in daily life to let dissension enter our ranks here.We have a fairly harmonious community here, and I, for one, would like to keep it that way! I am jealous of my safe haven here. I want to keep it harmonious.

I am sorry Sparrow decided to leave, but if we can't follow the rules then perhaps we need to leave for a while to cool off. We don't always have to accept what another says, but we do need to remember our manners and practice civil discourse amongst ourselves.

If we don't, then we are no better than the sheeple that, I believe, we all detest/dislike/pity.
    Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me Liberty or give me death." Patrick Henry, Virginia House of Burgesses, March 23, 1775

Quo Vadis?

Luke 22:36, And he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

emergencyfoodssupplies.com

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

I too missed the issue but trust the staffs decisions here. I'm with Grumpy in this, you can't let some corrective criticism push you away from a good place.....but you can't always say exactly what you want also. This isn't some closed door discussion or ftf meeting. There are a lot of variables that go into a site like this and you have to know your time and place. There have been some newbees that seemed to try to push some issues in the past and I'm not staff but even I wanted to say something and had to pick my comments properly. Besides, if we can't get along now as a close like minded colony then there's no chance later.

Sorry to see any "real" prepping member go. We also need the ladies opinions.
    Last edited by LUNCHBOX; 01-27-2012 at 06:34 AM.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

I'll most likely shit myself

I'm with grumpy and LB,had no idea there was any issue. I hate to see sparrow leave, been friends with her a good year before we came hear and liked reading some of her ideas. Ultimatly though keeping this a functional site is more important than any of us.