Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rope, strap, cord or tape?

He can get it up, but getting it down again might be, ah, interesting....wait...we're talking about airplanes right?

Rope, strap, cord or tape?

I carry a fifty foot hank of nylon climbing strap in my GOTH bag, along with a hook, and a 300 meter roll of nylon 80# test twine. Also a 'biner, and a couple of hooks. What about youse guys?

Claptrap's Problem Solver

Pretty much all of my supply containers, whether in bags or plastic totes contain liberal helpings of 550 cord and duct tape. The bigger kits contain carabiners also.

Several of my first aid kits contain duct tape as well for a myriad of situations.
    If you think that come SHTF you are gonna jock up in all your kit and be a death-dealing one man army, you're an idiot - izzyscout

Let him know if you need 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape

I carry 550 cord, a hank of generic rope, and some duct tape.

Stalkercat...destroyer of donkeys, rider of horse

550, static and dynamic climbing rope, loads of duct tape, twine
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to but not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Damn the propane, save the bacon!

Rope, 550 cord, tape, I even keep loose shoe strings. I've always kept decent rope since my Air Assault days.....of course I'd need a logging chain to repel now--lol.
    Be ready now, you won't have that chance later.

Crotch Rocket

I've got some generic rope, a small roll of small gauge brass wire, 550 cord, tape, boot laces, and some sections of bike inner tube.
    Consilio et animis

Essayons!

Bacon saver

Always the 550 and duct tape, in each pack. Truck's got 100' climbing rope so do both 4 wheelers. Got's to know how ta tye knots.......

Be safe..............the night is your friend.

I'll most likely shit myself

550 cord and duct tape are in most all containers. Need to pick up a spool of 550. I also have various ropes and twine in various locations. I have a few biners. i also need to get more of them and some climbing rope as well.

GunnerMax
    550 cord for now. More to come after return to home.

550 cord and a few carabiners. Though I like the 1" webbing. can rig a nice pully system with webbing that is self cinching. (learned it when slacklining)

volunteering to go pull old pier posts from a friends lakehouse. going to rig a 7:1 pully system with rescue pulleys, climbing rope and webbing. if we can't get them pulled out with a truck pulling on that, then it's time to just start cutting.