As many of you know we will be building a new home on some property. As I try to decide the most important things a prepper needs in a home I thought I would get your thoughts. I know storage for food is a must but how much and where do you put it? Do you have a mud room that is separate from the other rooms? Is it more of a porch that is an outside space? We now have 2 very large dogs who like to get dirty and I need some way to clean them off before letting them in the house, is your ironing space in your laundry room? Do you have a canning kitchen? If so, is it a building apart from the house or do you use your normal kitchen? Do you have a craft room of your own and DH have a room to his self for a hobby (reloading)?
If you were to design the perfect prepper house, what would you put in it? I would like ideas from the practical to the "I wish list" type like saferoom designs. DH found a basic house design he likes that looks like a barn....hmmmm, ok so I thought if we did that and used the same design for that and our real barns from the air it would look like no one really lived there but maybe more of a place where someone just kept animals any maybe that would be better for OPSEC? So, using that ouside design I have 3 levels (basement) to design in. So what would you put in it if it was yours? So my prepping family, wanna have some fun? Remember this is a prepper house but we have to live in it too and be oriented around family and friends.