Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Faraday Cage Test

Re: My Faraday Cage Test

I currently have a thumb drive with portable apps installed. If your not familiar with this it is a bunch of programs that run right from the drive. No installing on the computer. This also allows you to carry your data with you and access it from any computer. Programs too.

I'll most likely shit myself

I need to check into this. What size drives are you using?

Re: My Faraday Cage Test

Portableapps.com I think is the addy.

I started with a 2 gb drive then up to an 8 and now a 16. I carry it wherever I go. Has my email as I use Thunderbird, internet browser as I now use FireFox and all of my passwords. Just a nice option. For when SHTF.

I would advise a touch more study of the effects of EMP.

You may want to Google "The K3 test in 1962 Kazakhstan by the Soviet Union". I can't provide the link yet. Read the Futurescience article. Usually the first one that comes up.

Jimmy

For the Love of Cats

Give a man fire, and he'll be warm for a day!
    Light a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Cat's are food... not friends!

If you're going to fight, then fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp into Noah's arc... and brother, it's starting to rain.

Walking on Sunshine

Okay guys need feed back. Da hubs gets his arthritis meds in these small refrigerator boxes They are about foot, foot and half in diameter made of 2 inch foam all around, small cubes. I was thinking about how to re-purpose them as they stack great. If I take that new parchment paper with alum foil and wrap the box and the lid in it, do you think would that be a good Faraday cage for the hand crank radio, batteries, etc?. He gets one every month with the freezer packs in them.Yes, I have been storing those too, some are in freezer , others are sitting on a shelf right now.